Biggest crash in stock market history?

pkovo

I did the same thing in my mid/late 20's, but then I ran into the .com bubble shortly thereafter.

This market is bananas. I've made some small moves in my brokerage account, but thus far burned myself sitting too much in cash in my retirement account. I just can't understand the market lately. Thus far, I would have done better overall to just look away.

Tesla is up approx 30% since the news of their split last week. Never mind that a split creates no value, it still hopped 30% and is still running. I was looking at their one year chart, a year ago today it was $211 its now $1781! An 800%+ increase in value in the past year? Can anyone shed any light on why this thing is valued the way it is, because I am stumped.
Weren't we talking about it being in "short territory" on here just a month or 2 back at $1000? :oops:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
shed any light

TBH - no, i can't see it in the current numbers so it is all speculative. (which any monster growth strategy should be?)

So why might someone speculate - say you were able to see the search results, and site visits, and builds, and return visits
and tweaks, and creating accounts on the tesla site. Lots of people at home, looking for something to do. Why not build a car,
and since Tesla is in the news, let's see what the excitement is about. positive feedback loop. dangerous, they tend to explode.

anyway, just an idea.

pkovo

That's an interesting perspective on Tesla.

I just read after today's jump up, their valuation is on par with Proctor and Gamble, and closing in on Wal-Mart's valuation.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
So what's gonna happen to AAPL tomorrow post split? I know it's not supposed to affect the price, but it will. Definitely trying to time the market to grab some profits and go Porsche shopping.

jackx

So what's gonna happen to AAPL tomorrow post split? I know it's not supposed to affect the price, but it will. Definitely trying to time the market to grab some profits and go Porsche shopping.

Apple is projected to keep climbing, but the market will likely take a hit soon as biden says he would tax retirement savings and home values.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My company just setup a 401k after years of me complaining. I just set up my account, allocation 100% stocks.

So based on that, we should have a nice run up for a while, and then a huge crash we don't recover from. :)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I may not have perfect timing and I got stopped out of a bunch of positions but GLD and CEF softened the blow perfectly. I think what we are seeing is the last of the dmall guys dumping their life ssvings in so they “don’t miss the rally”. It’s gonna be long and it’s gonna be painful. If the presidential gap widens it will happen as soon as institutionsl traders come back from vacation(after labor day). If not I don’t see the runup going til the end of the year.

w_b

All my equities are back up to at least pre covidcrash, except the equity REITS. I trimmed AAPL a bit at $475, cuz my $12K was over 6 figures. Then it went up more.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been long on Apple for a pretty long time. I'm tempted to dump it all, but every other time I've been tempted, they drop and then eventually end up hitting another all time high.

I sold calls for all of my shares in AAPL this morning for Oct 2nd at $145 and got $4/share. If it sells I'm gonna dump all of it into TSLA and ride the Elon coaster.

THATmanMANNY

It doesn’t need to make sense!!!
Not many years ago I saw a bright future for a company so I invested ALL my liquid savings my into this company (before marriage). I was down 50% and held on to gain back, broke even, got shook and sold (a couple years into married life). If I held I would be +1800% today and enough profit to pay off a couple homes. Anyone care to guess what company?

w_b

Yeah, not much makes sense without a lot of research, or a long term outlook. The rest is all hype and emotion. Don’t buyin to dat shyte.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I don’t think you can lose with AAPL but TSLA is just a gamble. I wouldn’t buy with money you can’t afford to lose.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
For the long run my AAPL has worked well for me.Up 900%. I own TSLA too, but feel it;s like playing roulette.
Two totally different equities. The government is illegally buying aapl so it’s acting like a bond.?TSLA is a bet on the future. They don’t make a dime but...

Top Bottom