Biggest corporate fraud in the world.

Wouldn't that mean Hindenburg engaged in stock manipulation?
Shorted the stock, then published a report to tank the price?

Oh the humanity!
It's their entire M.O. as a business. The company is literally named after the exploding blimp. It's emblematic of what modern day "investing" looks like.

Hindenburg exposing Nikola wasn't without merit?
I guess? I'm sure we learned some lessons from the Hindenburg exploding as well.
Hindenburg (the company) doesn't do what they do for the good of mankind. They call themselves a "research" company, but heir purpose is to make money by shorting their targets and then trying to tank them.

I guess? I'm sure we learned some lessons from the Hindenburg exploding as well.
Hindenburg (the company) doesn't do what they do for the good of mankind. They call themselves a "research" company, but heir purpose is to make money by shorting their targets and then trying to tank them.
That's actually a very important needed service for a market.

They keep the price from going too high and being a worse bubble and they provide price stability with a price floor on the way down as they have to purchase the stock to cover their short.

If this private fund didn't expose the fraud when it did the prices could have gone higher screwing more people until exposed.
I'd agree with you if investment firms didn't have a long history of sleaze - straddling, or stepping all the way over the line of what constitutes insider trading. Do we know whether Hindenburg only uses publicly available info to do their "research"? If not, isn't that the definition of insider trading?

I'd agree with you if investment firms didn't have a long history of sleaze - straddling, or stepping all the way over the line of what constitutes insider trading. Do we know whether Hindenburg only uses publicly available info to do their "research"? If not, isn't that the definition of insider trading?
A quick parse of their documentation would lead me to believe they went off publicly available information, or information gained from first-hand knowledge that while intimate, wasn't necessarily insider exclusive.

Not to say they weren't tipped off from an insider. But that still doesn't make it insider trading.

India however does not seem to have a great track record of stopping insider trading, so...I dunno. 🤷‍♂️

More likely that any information on Adani that Hindenburg used SHOULD have been public, but wasn't. The Nikola CEO who was the subject of Hindenburg's big win was charged.

PXL_20211114_224610721-01.jpeg

Reactions: don
Back
Top Bottom