Big feet/flat pedals?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
spds dont work well if they get muddy either . . .

but i dont see mud affecting the magnetic strength of them

Ian F

It will depend on the strength of the magnetic field. If any debris gets between the magnet and the plate, the attachment strength will be reduced. And being a large, flat surface, I can't imagine it sheds mud or snow easily. Probably worse than SPD type pedals.

terrabike01

It will depend on the strength of the magnetic field. If any debris gets between the magnet and the plate, the attachment strength will be reduced. And being a large, flat surface, I can't imagine it sheds mud or snow easily. Probably worse than SPD type pedals.
Thats what I was thinking. If you get mud and small rocks which are going to be on the bottom of your shoe, they would be pretty much useless from the magnetic standpoint.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
magnetic force is inversely proportional to distance, so the drop in strength would only be from caked on debris that stops you from getting close enough, chances are the magnets are designed strong enough to pull your foot into the correct spot so i wouldnt expect a little mud to make a noticable difference.
plus since there arent many cavities to hold a think layer of mud on it should shed most of it and work just fine.

just my engineering geared take on this.

Frank

Sasquatch
I can see these pedals as a road pedal, but not an mtb pedal....at least I wouldn't use them. A flat metal surface on the bottom of your shoe could spell disaster in some rock gardens. I'll stick to flats

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can see these pedals as a road pedal, but not an mtb pedal....at least I wouldn't use them. A flat metal surface on the bottom of your shoe could spell disaster in some rock gardens. I'll stick to flats

thats a good point, flat metal on rocks (especially wet ones) would be an instant challenge

terrabike01

The composite version have an estimated weight of 600 grams. I wonder what the Fort Knox version weights. Im sure with all the magnets installed they are heavy. Their demo programs looks interesting.

Top Bottom