• Clipless Pedals

• Automated E-Bike Shifting

• Anti Lock Brakes

• aenomaly SwitchGrade Saddle Angle Adjuster

• Push inverted fork

• BERD SPOKES

• Old guys riding wheelies.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure to what extent this will actually emerge as a trend, but it's interesting to consider. I can imagine that there could be value in increasing stack height and increasing chainstay length to maintain front/rear traction balance. Given how much focus there has been on reach in recent years, this seems like the next logical place for geometry experimentation, particularly on larger frame sizes where you can wind up with people riding fairly extreme saddle to bar drop numbers.

It definitely feels like we reached the limits of longer/slacker trend. The diminishing returns have been found.

I expected to hate the Revel Ranger with it's 67.5° HTA but it was fun as hell. Snappy and still quite capable. I'm sure someone will make it but count me out for a 120mm travel 64° HTA with a high pivot that's probably in development right now. I believe I kept the Element in the steeper Ride-4 positions for most of it's life.

It definitely feels like we reached the limits of longer/slacker trend. The diminishing returns have been found.

I expected to hate the Revel Ranger with it's 67.5° HTA but it was fun as hell. Snappy and still quite capable. I'm sure someone will make it but count me out for a 120mm travel 64° HTA with a high pivot that's probably in development right now. I believe I kept the Element in the steeper Ride-4 positions for most of it's life.
Reverting back to something we already "saw" is always fun to see how they spin it. Kind like when Enve made their mtb rims too stiff and the next model they straight up said "we f'ed up with that last model".

Reverting back to something we already "saw" is always fun to see how they spin it. Kind like when Enve made their mtb rims too stiff and the next model they straight up said "we f'ed up with that last model".

I do think that a lot of the HTA shift pre-dated some of the other changes that have led to "modern" geometry, like increasing reach, increasing wheelbase, suspension improvements, wider bars, and bigger wheels. So we now have bikes that are inherently much, much more stable and forgiving such that the slacker HTA might not be fully necessary to prevent everyone from feeling like they're going to go over the bars and die.

These OG's probably have less than eight hours ride time on them (from 1989), and they're available 😂

02286750-d79a-4fb8-a6a8-e28224517821-jpeg.201580
20240304_190119.jpg

Got that beat used a little more tho

Anyone got any experience with magnetic clipless? I’m too big a p***y to try the real thing and yet every time I ride I lose count how many times I drop F bombs cuz I can’t get one of my feet properly planted.
Not personally, but a few of my teammates in DC have them and for the most part like them. One common discussion they are having is about shoes - apparently not all shoes work well with the mag-pedal cleats/plates. It's been interesting to watch from the sidelines and not really participate in the discussion (I've run Crank Bros pedals since they were new and have felt no reason to change).

One friend trying them has been running old Speedplay Frogs for ages, but the lack of replacement cleats is forcing him to try other options. The tricky part with him trying the mag-pedals is he doesn't really ride with flat pedals ever.

Onza pedals... just seeing pictures of them gives me a small amount of PTSD... I tried them for a few months and generally hated them. For better or worse, an old friend loved them (still does, I think) and bought them from me. If you guys are looking to unload them, I can see if he still uses them and is looking for more.

Back
Top Bottom