jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Here are some trends we are seeing in modern bikes

Vote early and often

I will be glad to crowdsource trends that you have spotted as well

I also post a worst bike trends // 2024 edition:

Last edited:
Going down the list...some of those are uh...not new for 2024.

UDH is my pick. Even if you don't want transmission...there being a semblance of an industry standard should be a welcome change. If 80% of companies feel the pressure from SRAM that's a win.

Going down the list...some of those are uh...not new for 2024.

UDH is my pick. Even if you don't want transmission...there being a semblance of an industry standard should be a welcome change. If 80% of companies feel the pressure from SRAM that's a win.
For sure .. many if these are not NEW .. But new for for someone who hasn't bought a bike in 5-10 years.

What trends might I otherwise add??

For sure .. many if these are not NEW .. But new for for someone who hasn't bought a bike in 5-10 years.

What trends might I otherwise add??

Let's seeeeee....

Raised reverse stems, saddle position switcher, inverted forks (not new, but coming back), hidden shocks inside frames, poly spokes, magnetic clipless pedals, droppers that go up and down by themselves, fork bleeder valves, mixed wheel bikes, flip switches on frames..

Let's seeeeee....

Raised reverse stems, saddle position switcher, inverted forks (not new, but coming back), hidden shocks inside frames, poly spokes, magnetic clipless pedals, droppers that go up and down by themselves, fork bleeder valves, mixed wheel bikes, flip switches on frames..
You forgot E automatic transmission and E pinion transmission and anti lock brakes

Let's seeeeee....

Anyone got any experience with magnetic clipless? I’m too big a p***y to try the real thing and yet every time I ride I lose count how many times I drop F bombs cuz I can’t get one of my feet properly planted.

Anyone got any experience with magnetic clipless? I’m too big a p***y to try the real thing and yet every time I ride I lose count how many times I drop F bombs cuz I can’t get one of my feet properly planted.
I have been eyeing these up myself. I have been riding spd since these first came out in 1990 and would love to test the Hustle pedals.

3.jpg

+1 on rouge and natural trails. Remember when this sport was rebellious, dangerous, and purposely made to be difficult? Now we go out of our way to make it easier and more "accessible".

And that Push inverted fork is money! And lots of money.

I'm not sure to what extent this will actually emerge as a trend, but it's interesting to consider. I can imagine that there could be value in increasing stack height and increasing chainstay length to maintain front/rear traction balance. Given how much focus there has been on reach in recent years, this seems like the next logical place for geometry experimentation, particularly on larger frame sizes where you can wind up with people riding fairly extreme saddle to bar drop numbers.

Back
Top Bottom