Best bike transport rack???

terrabike01

I may be getting a different pickup truck and may need to buy a bike rack (trailer receiver) to transport my bikes around. What is the best bike rack (quality and security wise)? It has to be able to carry 2 bikes at a time. Fat, gravel, road and XC bikes. And must a dedicated 2" receiver. Not have a 1 1/4" with a 2" sleeve on it. Thanks in advance.

I have the Kuat Sherpa ll and have been very pleased with. Weight wise it is easy to handle putting it on and off. It comes with a cable and lock.

1 up. They ship in ~2 weeks. Just order from the web site. I just got my single tray delivered yesterday.

I've had 2 Kuats (Sherpa and NV 2.0) and a Thule.

Kuat without a doubt out of those two companies. The trail doc is freakin sweet too.

Kuat-NV-2.0-Trail-Doc.jpg

Single bike in the bed, multiples on tailgate pad. Baby trucks may have issues with closing the tailgate ....
Going from an F150 to maybe a Nissan Frontier or GMC canyon. Bikes dont fit in the bed and I drive too fast to leave the tailgate down lol

Going from an F150 to maybe a Nissan Frontier or GMC canyon. Bikes dont fit in the bed and I drive too fast to leave the tailgate down lol
If you have no cover they should be fine but will take finagaling (turn the handlebars)to get the gate to close . Those baby trucks only have a 5ft bed anymore the 5.5 on my dad's Dakota was tight enough

If you have no cover they should be fine but will take finagaling (turn the handlebars)to get the gate to close . Those baby trucks only have a 5ft bed anymore the 5.5 on my dad's Dakota was tight enough
Back when I had a frontier I had 2 Rocky mounts on the front utilitrack (think I got them from @Carson) and a kuat hitch mount. As long as the wheelbase didn’t require the tailgate be down I had capacity for 4 bikes.

I’m a fan of the newer Thule t2 pro. Lifetime warranty is legit. The new version beats their old stuff.
This made me check the web site and the new version has wheels on it to cart it around - pretty good idea.

I think in some other threads bike racks were discussed - I can't complain about my T2 XT Pro2 aside from the weight, it's solid and the customer support has been 100% spot on for small little pieces i needed they sent for free even though I am not the original owner. I did pay $6 for a few extra keys since I only had one but NBD.

This or the Kuat were on my shopping list a while back - cant go wrong with either I think.

I may be getting a different pickup truck and may need to buy a bike rack (trailer receiver) to transport my bikes around. What is the best bike rack (quality and security wise)? It has to be able to carry 2 bikes at a time. Fat, gravel, road and XC bikes. And must a dedicated 2" receiver. Not have a 1 1/4" with a 2" sleeve on it. Thanks in advance.
If you’re getting another pick up truck why not get a tailgate pad

Back
Top Bottom