berkshire valley management area trail?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol then why did you sound so thirsty?

Because, how can you live next to a large section of woods that has trails and not go explore it? So what if they aren't very exciting, Max can ride there from his house.

im guessing it wasn’t great?

Yeah, just a bunch of ATV/moto trails. There's a dude that lives right there that has been doing some trail cleanup over the past year, and I think he even blazed the main trails.

BPaze

Went for a hike here and it was a total cluster of a mess like no one maintains them at all. It was in the summer and pretty sure I got malaria as well.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Went for a hike here and it was a total cluster of a mess like no one maintains them at all. It was in the summer and pretty sure I got malaria as well.

It should be in much better shape now.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because, how can you live next to a large section of woods that has trails and not go explore it?
I started exploring the woods across the lake from me and found somebody is building legit mountain biking trails. I’m trying to figure out how to connect it to that highland trail section...not that I would ever ride a bike on the highland trail 😉

kaitlyn

I would love a jump trail here, though. Unsanctioned, I guess, but the nascent one in Dickerson Mine Preserve was taken out and I have to hike out to Nassau to get some jump learning in.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would love a jump trail here, though. Unsanctioned, I guess, but the nascent one in Dickerson Mine Preserve was taken out and I have to hike out to Nassau to get some jump learning in.
I know it cost money but the best place to learn how to get your wheels off the ground is Mountain Creek. Backwoods trail jumps are sketchy, at best. Better to learn on professional jumps and then you’re better suited to gauge speed for the backwoods crap. If you do want to ride backwoods jumps...cedar grove is the place but def ask for a guide.

kaitlyn

Oh, I didn't know about Cedar Grove, thanks! I'm still learning what is around me. I think I'll check it out tomorrow.
Yeah, I have to get a lift ticket.

kaitlyn

Whelp, back from the exploration I found the skinny features, which is a skill I suck at. Didn't find the jumps, but I kinda suck at that too. Really, I just need to work on basic skills.
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.04.45 PM.png

Shaggz

A strong 7
While from 2009, you may find some useful information in this thread. @anrothar was the OG SS Viking. He knew this area like the back of his hand and rode all of these trails rigid Karate Monkey. Unfortunately, the motionbased links are no longer valid. However, most of the Garmin links work, and I believe @Norm has a post with all of greatwhite's links, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom