berkshire valley management area trail?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
on the other side they've been building condos on Shippenport Rd and other areas north of 80 off of Howard. The spot we're talking about is south of 80, the place I was looking to ride is the area north of 80 west of 15 east of Howard

kaitlyn

Hi, I'm popping on this thread as I was just in the area east of Minisink road today geocaching. There are a ton of trails there, I think dirtbikes? There's nothing on trailforks, although the BWA west of Minisink is populated. I might take my bike and explore a bit, but it's a lot of steep ups and downs with no real switchbacks...that I've come across so far.

sgensh

Hi, I'm popping on this thread as I was just in the area east of Minisink road today geocaching. There are a ton of trails there, I think dirtbikes? There's nothing on trailforks, although the BWA west of Minisink is populated. I might take my bike and explore a bit, but it's a lot of steep ups and downs with no real switchbacks...that I've come across so far.
I grew up in the area, and I still live close by. I've ridden the west side of Minisink on the stuff that is logged in trailforks - that is pretty decent riding with some really great downhill sections. However, the area all the way at the top of the hill that is covered in broken glass is nearly un-ridable safety wise.

I hiked the area on the southeast side of berkshire valley road a long time ago, and there were some sandy areas and some very steep ups and downs as you mentioned, from dirt bikes, but I haven't been over there in quite some time. From what I recall, I dont think that area would be much fun to ride.

I have never actually been on the east side of Minisink, but I see hunters and cars parked over there relatively often, so I would be interested to check it out!

Top Bottom