BearScat 50 Mountain Bike Endurance Race Information Thread - Race Date: 9/18/2021

I’m guessing that the Freetown 50 which is the same weekend and the Vermont 50 which is the following weekend stole some bodies that would most likely do Bearscat. As a race promoter, I would think it’s always tough picking a weekend.

Last edited:

Joe J

I’m guessing that the Freetown 50 which is the same weekend and the Vermont 50 which is the following weekend stole some bodies that would most likely do Bearscat. As a race promoter, I would think it’s always tough picking a weekend.
Or the local promoter that in 19 & 21 decided to move there CX race to the following day. BS has been on BikeReg for months so no one can say they didn’t know. The reg wasn’t opened until the promoter was certain the race wound be able to happen.

GratefulRider

Can’t please all the people all the time. You’re lucky if you please some of them some of the time. The Spring schedule is crowded. It’s too hot. I recently read something along the lines of bring mtbing back to the Fall. If you serve food and offer fully stoked aid stations the entry fee is too high. Maybe the race needs to part of a series. Stickle and company do a great job with all of their races. Hopefully we can convince them to keep the event alive.

Maybe we need a Bearscat series. We race the course every 3rd Sunday for 6 months. Winner of the whole thing gets bear cub. Or we petition Gov Murphy to allow the bear hunt and we have a black bear bbq? Winner gets the skin for a rug.

NJsinglespeedtrek

I hope friends, old and new will come join us for the 2021 edition of the BearScat 50! Going to be a great race with a big lap of 25 miles and some of the best singletrack in NJ! Come on out and roll with the fast folks or just test yourself against the Clock/Course.

1. Date: 9/18/2021
2. 50 or 25 mile option (course file will be posted soon)
3. Contactless registration & packet pickup (no day-of registration due to COVID19)
4. Registrants and Spectators MUST be vaccinated; honor code in play-proof will not be checked
5. Race this year is Self Supported, all racers required to use a Drop Bag. Emergency water may be located at the aid station if we can layout in a COVID19 friendly manner.
6. Lots of smiles and stories to be had at Wayway!!

Please come out and support grassroots endurance racing in NJ!!

View attachment 166637

View attachment 166639
I did the 25 mile in Single speed class...awesome

Top Bottom