Baldpate TM Work

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This is your chance to be heard and help make this place even better. Help us build a thriving cycling community for Baldpate Mtn.

Come on out and play in the Dirt/Rock! Lots of work to do this month...

The meeting location is TBA, I'll let you know when I know. ;)

Tools will be supplied by JORBA, Please bring water, a snack and a friend! A sense of humor also advised :)

-Mike

Update: we will be meeting at the Fiddlers Creek Road lot at 9am and shuttling to the top. The plan is to work on some armoring and bench cuts.
See ya there!

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
TM scheduled for Sunday 11/25 at 9:00am. Meeting at the Pleasant Valley lot.

Bump! :)

This coming Sunday we will be starting to clear the trails at Bald Pate Mtn.

Sunday, November 25, 2012.9:00am.. Baldpate Mountain, Titusville, NJ

First of several...if you only come once this year, make it for this one, please! Meet up at the Pleasant Valley Road Parking Lot.
We have a bunch of downed trees to remove so we as much help as we can round up.
Bring a drink,a snack and a friend, JORBA will supply tools, gloves and entertainment. :D

See ya there!

TAS

Mike & Rich, I'll be there and.... Karen...is a maybe.
Cannot get enough of sawing, dissecting and dragging tree parts... :D Ha
Tom Swords

Mick714

JORBA.ORG
Mike & Rich, I'll be there and.... Karen...is a maybe.
Cannot get enough of sawing, dissecting and dragging tree parts... :D Ha
Tom Swords

The Mercer crews have put in (238.5 I missed one of the guys today) 243 volunteer hours (sawing, dissecting and dragging tree parts) this month. No doubt a record for Mercer!

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
The Mercer crews have put in 238.5 volunteer hours (sawing, dissecting and dragging tree parts) this month. No doubt a record for Mercer!

Awesome crew today at Baldpate! We kicked Butt! :)

TM Thanks to:

Rich Carroll
Mick Tormey
George Nickles
Lauren Gobel
Michael Sullivan
Pete Garnish
Henry Garnish
Tom Swords
Chuck Prettyman
Christian Cox
Stephen Busz
Dima Kurki

Last edited:

jaypoto

Thank you guys!! I have not been up here since the cleanup but I know firsthand the damage was extensive...

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
5/4/13 tm

Our next TM day will be Saturday, May 4 at 9 AM. We are going to continue the work that we began in March with the armoring and de-watering of the Pleasant Valley trail. We will be meeting at the Fiddlers Creek parking lot a 8:45 so that we can jump in a couple of the vehicles and carpool up to the Pond Farm and hike in from there. Sturdy boots, water and a snack are recommended. JORBA will supply tools and gloves.
see ya there!

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Monday bump. What could you possibly have to do this Saturday that's betterer than playing in the rocks and mud?

Last edited:

TAS

Yo Guys, I'll be there on Sat... Mike remember the telescope adapter. My wife and I are also attending the Mercer County wildlife festival at 2PM.

Tom

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Yo Guys, I'll be there on Sat... Mike remember the telescope adapter. My wife and I are also attending the Mercer County wildlife festival at 2PM.

Tom

Sweet, we have lots-o-rock to move :)

The adapter is in my car...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367507663.391583.jpg

Ad per our discussion...this is the saw blade I use for aluminum
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367507719.957070.jpg

not a great picture but my phone sucks.

BTW Tom, your nephew stole my KOM!

:getsome:

:D

Last edited:

TAS

Moving rocks and armoring my favs!!! I hiked that section last weekend. It's looking much better but still has a long way to go. The intersection of the "U" trail with valley trail is another challenge... Where was the KOM? Both he and my niece are developing into biking beasts according to my brother. Must be in the family genes!

Tom

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Moving rocks and armoring my favs!!! I hiked that section last weekend. It's looking much better but still has a long way to go. The intersection of the "U" trail with valley trail is another challenge... Where was the KOM? Both he and my niece are developing into biking beasts according to my brother. Must be in the family genes!

Tom

lol Nice! It was a silly Mercer segment, "The Dam Sprint"
I didn't even know that I had it until I got an e-mail that it was stolen :D
I think someone else just stole it from him too though :rofl:

I rode at Baldpate last week... That intersection IS a mess! We'll have to figure out something with Rich for there. Maybe some digging is in order...where's Mick's shovel? :hysterica

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Sorry i couldnt make it on Sat. Rolled thru on Sunday. Reroute is looking good, nice work.

Thanks for the props George, we're pretty happy with how it turned out. We originally planned to fix the old section but after getting a good look, It was a mess for so long it was never going to be sustainable. This new section should shed the water great.
Hopefully you can join us digging and playing with rocks sometime.

Some pics...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367844073.067973.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367844100.505843.jpg

grilledcheeseking

Agreed - the old section was not going to be very sustainable. The new looks promising.

Definitely will be out there again as the sched allows!

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Baldpate Aug TM

Here it is, another awesome chance to give back to our parks and the MTB community.

Anyone up for a great morning outdoors? If you are, come to the park at 8:30 AM for a few hours of digging and raking! We will meet at the Pleasant Valley Road parking lot and hike in to the U Trail (or Switchback) to do some groom and restoration of the sweetest single track in the park. Tools will be provided, so just bring some water, tick repellant and a friend.
See ya there!

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Sunday Oct. 6 is our next trail day at Baldpate. The plan is to work on the Copper Hill Trail (Orange). We will meet at the Pleasant Valley lot and take the short hike into the trail. As usual, the more folks we get, the more work we get done. This is a great trail, but it has been basically unusable for the last several years due to heavy erosion. I hope with a little re-routing and regrading, we can make it into a great trail again. Meet in the lot between 8:30 and 9. We will head out at 9 and wrap up at noon. Don't forget water and bug spray. See you Sunday!

but wait, that's not all....:D

Why not start your day out right, meet us in the Pleasant valley lot at 7:00 for an easy paced loop before TM. :)

Top Bottom