Avid Juicy Ultimate Bleed

Shaggz

A strong 7
I can't find the manual on-lne. Does anyone have the link, or can you at least outline the process for me? I am having a dickens of a time with my rear brake, and am sure it is something silly that I am missing.

Thanks. I found that last night, and the only thing I can think of is I may not have bled the lever properly. There is no pressure/resistance in the lever after the bleed.

Other question I have is I noticed the fluid that came out of the line was cloudy. Is this normal?

Other question I have is I noticed the fluid that came out of the line was cloudy. Is this normal?

I had this happen to a brand new Avid code brake once. The fluid came out a cloudy blackish color. I knew something was wrong because the front brake fluid was perfectly clear. The SRAM tech support guy said it sounded like one of the internal seals was breaking down. They replaced it under warranty.

I am a huge fan of SRAM in general but I have never seen a brake system that is so widely troublesome for so many. I am so glad to see the end of Juicy production this summer.

I had this happen to a brand new Avid code brake once. The fluid came out a cloudy blackish color. I knew something was wrong because the front brake fluid was perfectly clear. The SRAM tech support guy said it sounded like one of the internal seals was breaking down. They replaced it under warranty.
Did they replace the brake or the seal, Jeff?

Did they replace the brake or the seal, Jeff?

They sent me a brand new brake set & rotor in a sealed box. Thanks to JDog once again. SRAM has awesome warranty service but you have to work through a dealer.

Back
Top Bottom