Anyone have / had T Mobile?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So, found out that my son had the ONE iphone (iphone 7) in the last 5 or 6 models that was specifically for tmobile. Damnit. So, waited for the 11 to come out, wife gets 11, he gets her 8 and I can finally go back to VZW. Even with the new signal "updates" that t mobile pushed out recently, the service is bad in spots even though it shows "3" bars. I was just out in my parking lot, with full bars and couldnt load anything. Definitely an experiment gone wrong. And now VZM will pay me $650 to come back and I will pay $5 more per month on VZM (130 month break even, by that time, everything will be different anyways). Sign me the f up.
Your problem is not server but the crap you choose to get your service from. I tried iphone once and thank god for the jump plan. I couldnt wait to dump that phone. Wife tried an LG another piece of garbage. Once I put her on samsung everything is roses. She had the same problem bad service at the job (iphone, LG, at&t, vwz tmobile) now that shes on samsung no issues. Not all phones antennas are the same. I have noticed over and over, where kids (iPhones and wives LG) had no service yet I had service. This note 9 will be tough to give up.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Your problem is not server but the crap you choose to get your service from. I tried iphone once and thank god for the jump plan. I couldnt wait to dump that phone. Wife tried an LG another piece of garbage. Once I put her on samsung everything is roses. She had the same problem bad service at the job (iphone, LG, at&t, vwz tmobile) now that shes on samsung no issues. Not all phones antennas are the same. I have noticed over and over, where kids (iPhones and wives LG) had no service yet I had service. This note 9 will be tough to give up.
You have been such a big apple supporter....I had minimal issues with iPhone on Verizon, it was the cost I switched for. At least with iPhone I don’t have to worry about the battery lighting on fire...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You have been such a big apple supporter....I had minimal issues with iPhone on Verizon, it was the cost I switched for. At least with iPhone I don’t have to worry about the battery lighting on fire...
Me neither
Just an FYI my daughter has worked for apple for the last 10 years I still think their phone platforms suck :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Who switched from VZ to TM? Happy? Pissed? Same?
Anyone know how TM service is like in Wayne?
I thought I noted it but may be in another thread. I switch from Verizon to TM for a year and switched back. Too many dead spots in TM areas I normally go to, including Princeton. Verizon paid me $250 a line to come back and the cost was maybe $10 more than TM.

GreenMachine

We’ve had T-Mobile for a little over a year the pricing is pretty damn good it’s consistent no BS like we’ve experience with Vzw. The only place I’ve ever lost service for T-Mobile is six Mile run.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have now had it for a while. I have an old jump plan that they keep trying to move me off of. I lease my phones which gives me the opportunity to switch phones 3 times a year. I never do, other then my lease payment its $20 per line unlimited for the wife and kids. Not sure if having it under my business makes it any cheaper but thats how I set it up. As far as not working in certain areas seems to be on par with any other network.

What doesn't work now for past 3 months is trailforks record your ride. It always did before but now every time it starts then just loses contact and draws straight lines. I figured its a trailforks problem but maybe not.

one piece crank

I thought I noted it but may be in another thread. I switch from Verizon to TM for a year and switched back. Too many dead spots in TM areas I normally go to, including Princeton. Verizon paid me $250 a line to come back and the cost was maybe $10 more than TM.

Just over a year ago I looked at TM and got service references like that above. I went VZW Unlimited and they pulled $30/line (x4 phones) off our old 10gb family plan = $ and service Win! With two phones part-time in DC and East Coast Travel, VZW has been very good for us (unlike family in Annandale NJ cant use TM at home, and son's DC roommate says TM is terrible there).

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
unlike family in Annandale NJ cant use TM at home
Thats strange as wifi calling is preferred, on that note, we had att Verizon and tM and none of them work at my house. Its one of the main reasons originally that we went to TM because of the wifi calling.

one piece crank

Thats strange as wifi calling is preferred, on that note, we had att Verizon and tM and none of them work at my house. Its one of the main reasons originally that we went to TM because of the wifi calling.

Wifi calling was always sketchy for me, so I turned it off. With Play More Unlimited there is no need, even in high density areas it 25gb/day un-throttled.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Slightly off tangent... anyone here feel that 5G phones are worth it in NJ?
They are saying most place will get "vanilla" 5G which I am told is only slightly better than 4G and it won't be for a while until real 5G is deployed.

Been on my current phone for 4 years now and its basically falling apart and since my daughter will be in middle school next Fall... thinking about adding her in.
Currently have VZ so was thinking about lowering cost by moving to TM

rlb

Bump, how are people feeling about t mobile now that 5g is substantially rolled out? Switch perks don't seem to be as big these days, but I can get 2 iphone 13 pros + unlimited data for not much more than I pay now on VZW (1 old phone, one nearly paid off phone, capped data).

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
What's the latest verdict here? My wife is threatening to move her and my son's phone to T Mobile from ATT because she's pissed at them about some billing issues. My son is just hoping to get a free phone out of the deal.

wanger114

I've been on TM 5G (pixel 5) since the summer -- been pretty happy with it. Blazing fast in the city and all around metuchen-edison area. Only noticed a few times I did not have a signal but those were not unexpected (ie underground parking, on the subway, late for dinner, etc).

JPark

If any of you have comcast/xfinity as your internet provider you can get Xfinity Mobile. My bill dropped by $100/month switching from ATT.
Xfinity uses the Verizon network so the coverage is great in most areas, however you must be an internet customer to have it.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
What's new here?

Just spent way too much time on the phone with ATT. Online comparisons seem to favor T Mobile these days.

Anyone happy with T Mobile compared to the other two?

Mahnken

What's new here?

Just spent way too much time on the phone with ATT. Online comparisons seem to favor T Mobile these days.

Anyone happy with T Mobile compared to the other two?
Look into Google Fi as well. They use T Mobile's network. I've had no issues with them service wise, but their customer service can be horrendous.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Over the years I’ve had ATT, then Verizon and now T-Mobile. They’ve been very reliable for me when I was in NJ, when moved to VA, and now in PA (Poconos). I’m happy with them and have called support a few times and all was resolved. I’ve driven NJ/VA to Florida several times with them and it’s been a good experience too,

Last edited:
Top Bottom