I have 6 phones on VZW $320 not unlimited either

T mobile is $200 flat unlimited ...

VERY TEMPTING

Thoughts ?

Thx

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Know this will be shamed but right now sprint will give you the most plan and phones. Tmobile is in process of acquiring sprint so you could be grandfathered in when that goes down. Dont hold me to that though no first hand knowledge. We been on tmobile for 3 years with little complaint, and I run my buisness off it. Speaking of buisness if you investigate you get benefits making those phones a buisness plan.

GreenMachine

Know this will be shamed but right now sprint will give you the most plan and phones. Tmobile is in process of acquiring sprint so you could be grandfathered in when that goes down. Dont hold me to that though no first hand knowledge. We been on tmobile for 3 years with little complaint, and I run my buisness off it. Speaking of buisness if you investigate you get benefits making those phones a buisness plan.

Good to hear positive on T- Mo - I’ll check out Sprint too.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you do some digging on tmobile infrastructure and future you will be pretty impressed. The down side is they will be at Verizon cost at some point. I happen to be doing a bit of work with tower builders and got some pretty good feed back on both tmobile and sprint.

THATmanMANNY

10plus years with TMO.
I preach it.
TMO is better than vzw in major cities.
Not so good in no mans land but rarely travel that way.

$100, 4 lines grandfathered. 4G internet per line. Plenty for us.

Never buy a phone through payments or promos that’s how they get you to enroll into the newer, “better”, and increased prices plan.

The Kalmyk

Anyone have experience on how the transition works from Verizon to T-Mobile? I have one device payment. Will T-Mobile take that over?

JerseyPete

10plus years with TMO.
I preach it.
TMO is better than vzw in major cities.
Not so good in no mans land but rarely travel that way.

$100, 4 lines grandfathered. 4G internet per line. Plenty for us.

Never buy a phone through payments or promos that’s how they get you to enroll into the newer, “better”, and increased prices plan.

I am also grandfathered in with a plan for $100 flat, all fees and taxes included. VZ likes to talk about pricing, but does NOT tell you what all the taxes and fees add up to be.

And a HUGE warning about TMO, do a google search on "tmobile wrong IMEI number". It's like they do it on purpose. They put in the wrong number on my son's iPhone and although we had paid for Apple Care, it was invalid at the Apple store. TMO never accepted responsibility and never corrected it, but kept the money.
NEVER buy a phone through them. Pay up front and get an unlocked device. And if it's Apple, get it at the Apple store and iCare up front there.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
NEVER buy a phone through them. Pay up front and get an unlocked device. And if it's Apple, get it at the Apple store and iCare up front there.
This is what I did
They have a new to me program where you purchase a reconditioned phone.
I personally have the original jump plan where I can switch my phone up to 3 times a year, yes it's a lease program but I like it that hasn't gone over $21. Next up for me is the note9. I had iphone once and couldn't wait to return it. My wife is on latest LG and hates it, she is stuck in Apple's vortex, expected...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Verizon won’t compete with sprint on pricing.

I could yap all day about phones and why VZW is worth the premium, but I’m biased.

I have to stop commenting.

JerseyPete

In the ravines of Ringwood TMO gets 4 bars reception, my friend's VZ had 5 bars. You used to be able to "borrow" a TMO phone from their store to try out the coverage. I guess you could try a 30 day prepaid and check all the park areas you ride first.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I have T-Mobile, wife has Verizon. Her reception is usually better than mine, but my bill is a lot cheaper. T mobile works pretty good in urban-ish areas. You do notice a drop off in service when you get in really rural areas.

qclabrat

Too late to read all, but I went from ATT to VZW to TM and have been there for 15. Mostly because price and the increased better coverage each year. I'm paying under 200 for 6 lines and the international service included with the plan is second to none. Probably doesn't matter to most but GSM is king overseas.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I made the switch from VZW to T Mobile a month ago. I was with VZW for 15 years. I was in the situation of needing to add a line for my son and I was also bumping up on my 8GB plan every month, so unlimited was needed (VZW doesn't have any options between 8GB and Unlimited).

Before I switched, I gave VZW a fair shot and tried various avenues to give me a good price and they would not budge on pricing. I called customer service, who apparently is the only one that can adjust pricing and I was told in roughly 1 min that "x" was the final/lowest price and that VZW will never be a low cost provider because their network is far superior. I switched to T Mobile the next day. It was $40-50 less for T Mobile unlimited compared to VZW unlimited.

The switch was easy, took less than an hour at the store, including transferring the number. However I did have an issue with the sim card they gave me and I had to go back that evening to switch for a different one. They have the "get out of the red" promo where they will buy out any phone leasing you have up to $650? So if you have balances for devices, you have some savings there.

I live in Yardley, PA and we have some bad areas for cell service in general. VZW barely works in Yardley Boro and T Mobile seems to be ok. That being said, I have dropped some text messages in my house with T mobile where never had an issue with VZW. Also, my wife experience no T Mobile signal in Princeton last week. I was in Gettysburg last week and signal was ok and my son streamed Netflix between Gettysburg and home without issue. I have not traveled out of the area since I switched over.

Top Bottom