Anyone do their own phone screen repair/replace?

I don't buy additional insurance for anything. This is the first phone I've damaged beyond use.

So far it wasn't too difficult. It probably helped that I already had a crack on the back of the phone so I didn't care about preserving it (a new back panel is like $15 and comes with the adhesive, the adhesive itself is $7....id probably order a replacement panel regardless)

Hardest part was removing the battery. I pushed in the bottom a bit and decided to just order a new one for $30 instead of risking it...... so project paused

20200831_135729.jpg20200831_135809.jpg20200831_135901.jpg

My girl broke her iPhone screen. This thread got me the info to get it fixed. The joint in Bridgewater Mall was the easiest to deal with.

My girl broke her iPhone screen. This thread got me the info to get it fixed. The joint in Bridgewater Mall was the easiest to deal with.

watch for weird behavior, keep your receipt. I've had a bunch of stuff done there, and 1 acted strange afterwards.
They'll re-do it if it doesn't track touch correctly, or runs the battery down. They'll also send coupons for the next one....

Success!! For about $340 I have a flawless S10+ with a brand new battery. Ordered a good case and will probably be my sons when we add him to our service (or my backup when I mess up my S10 crashing my bike)

20200908_192938.jpg20200908_193001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom