Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Vodka's one of those I'm on the fence on spending decent coin on, my wife won't drink anything but Grey Goose anymore, she's tried the others but always comes back the G2. I find as long as it's smoother than Absolut, I'm usually okay with it. Ironically I really like the Kirkland french vodka.
If you ever see it on the shelf give Balinoff a try. They used to produce grey goose but broke off and formed their own brand. It's basically grey goose with a different label. It comes in the same bottle and taste the same some say, better for a fraction of the cost

am i an alcoholic?

KNp7C8F7txjMxN65Yv9vJpphN0BwbA_HJfmpmzZIJOA-2048x2048.jpg

Reactions: w_b
I went to 2 stores and hey didn't have that Blantons so I picked up a bottle of the Four Roses Small batch, the guy at the store (and another customer) wasn't a big fan, but I decided to give it a shot.

so this four roses i think its too sweet on its own, but i may have been spoiled by blantons.

its great with soda though, like dangerously good. i just drank about half a liter and didnt even notice till i got up to pee

make sure i dont go near my amazon wishlist.

glad someone caught that, i gagged a little thinking of the tastes together though. then again, its like high powered redbull+vodka

so this four roses i think its too sweet on its own, but i may have been spoiled by blantons.

its great with soda though, like dangerously good. i just drank about half a liter and didnt even notice till i got up to pee

make sure i dont go near my amazon wishlist.
A few years back I was into the firefly stuff, same reaction, eventually the sweetness soured on me

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the 4 roses, it's just kind of "mah" for the price I could have gotten some other ones that I know are good. I should have listened to the people in the store..

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the 4 roses, it's just kind of "mah" for the price I could have gotten some other ones that I know are good. I should have listened to the people in the store..

yeah its not bad, but its nothing special really. probably wont buy again

i think i actually like bulleit better. this seems just so sweet, i never thought that was possible with bourbon

image.jpg
Had it last summer when we were in Tokyo. Great stuff. Been looking for it here if anyone has seen it please let me know.

i could be wrong, but i mightve actually seen it at a store here on the island. if i remember ill scope it out tonight on my way home

they had a $4000 bottle of santori too

a5319910c077dd74a8a17d32391a0225.gif

View attachment 33725
Had it last summer when we were in Tokyo. Great stuff. Been looking for it here if anyone has seen it please let me know.
Yamazaki is available at most better liquor stores, usually just the ones you have in the pics, just saw them in a shop in King of Prussia last week. The drink is smooth and clean for the 2-3 times I've tried. But for the price there's better highland choices in my opinion. Glenlivet and Glennfiddich are similar for less

Back
Top Bottom