Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Friend of mine said he was in his local store and they had about 15 bottles of Blanton's available at $126ea. Was on the store website and it seems prices have gone up since Thursday if ordering online.
its crazy how much that went up in a few years. I got a bottle at Wegmans for $70 right before Covid. I'll stick with High West or splurge for knob creek every once in a while before I pay over $100 for blantons.

its crazy how much that went up in a few years. I got a bottle at Wegmans for $70 right before Covid. I'll stick with High West or splurge for knob creek every once in a while before I pay over $100 for blantons.
Anything that comes out of Buffalo Trace is ridiculously priced because of the Pappy, Weller, Stagg halo effect (Shit, Stagg isn't a sip worth more than $60-70). I'm sorry, but Blantons is just ok, its good for a $45 bottle, absolutely not worth it over $60 because there are a ton of sips in that the $60-100 range that blow it out of the water.

Anything that comes out of Buffalo Trace is ridiculously priced because of the Pappy, Weller, Stagg halo effect (Shit, Stagg isn't a sip worth more than $60-70). I'm sorry, but Blantons is just ok, its good for a $45 bottle, absolutely not worth it over $60 because there are a ton of sips in that the $60-100 range that blow it out of the water.

How would you rank your bourbons?

I consider Blantons a top 3 along with colonel eh Taylor and Elmer t Lee.

How would you rank your bourbons?

I consider Blantons a top 3 along with colonel eh Taylor and Elmer t Lee.
I haven’t experienced a Pappy, so I haven’t had the holy grail yet. I have a couple of batches of older Stagg Junior that are my benchmark, a benchmark that has been challenged this year by a couple of batches or barrel proof Larceny and Elijah Craig 12’s. My wife and I filled a couple of bottles of Elijah at Heaven Hill a few weeks ago that were straight up amazing. There have been a few batches of Barrell Bourbon (a barrel proof blend) that have been lights out at $65 a bottle. Their current Amburana finish is amazing. As for more mainstream sips, the KC single barrel, 12, and 15 are IMO more robust and chewy than Blantons. Hillrock is also pretty good. It’s really a subjective thing. We should do an MTBNJ tasting, fuck dry January.

Pre-gaming before dinner with my parents and I spotted a bottle of Blanton's above the bar. Bartender said it was the last of their current stock that took some time to get. So had to get some. Meh, the Elijah Craig in my stock is just as good and a 750ml bottle doesn't cost much more than that shot.
20240314_175727.jpg
20240314_180010.jpg

Pre-gaming before dinner with my parents and I spotted a bottle of Blanton's above the bar. Bartender said it was the last of their current stock that took some time to get. So had to get some. Meh, the Elijah Craig in my stock is just as good and a 750ml bottle doesn't cost much more than that shot.
View attachment 234299
View attachment 234300
Nice pour. Double?

Back
Top Bottom