Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

My barn find. In the MiL's dark liquor cabinet since it was gifted for their wedding in 1960!

View attachment 235575
I think based on the barn find comment, you get it, but that’s probably worth a lot to a collector. Or would be fun to crack and enjoy.

Screwtop? Looks like the angels may have gotten a bit after bottling.

I think based on the barn find comment, you get it, but that’s probably worth a lot to a collector. Or would be fun to crack and enjoy.

Weller does like their screw tops for some reason. Nothing like paying $300 for a bottle of 12, and it comes with a screw top.

While we are on old stuff.
I doubt I actually want to drink this....

backstory: My Dad is eating lunch at work - maybe 1995, and the a guy a couple seats down indicates he is gagging on a piece of meat.
Dad jumps up, gives him the heimlich. Said it was just like in a comedy - hunk of food comes out, hits the person across the way.
Shakes Dad's hand, thanks him, goes back to eating. Came in with this for him the next day.

1712588571587.png

It is full, just some weird light angle. Box and bottle are in good shape

While we are on old stuff.
I doubt I actually want to drink this....

backstory: My Dad is eating lunch at work - maybe 1995, and the a guy a couple seats down indicates he is gagging on a piece of meat.
Dad jumps up, gives him the heimlich. Said it was just like in a comedy - hunk of food comes out, hits the person across the way.
Shakes Dad's hand, thanks him, goes back to eating. Came in with this for him the next day.

View attachment 235805

It is full, just some weird light angle. Box and bottle are in good shape
Don't sleep on The Crown. Crown, lemonade, ice, and some fresh mint makes a killer summertime drink.

Not a screwtop, fyi, just wrinkled wrap.

Not drinking this once I found out its worth over 3K, it will anchor my collection. (at least for the time being)

Not drinking this once I found out its worth over 3K, it will anchor my collection. (at least for the time being)
Given the vintage and that it is legit Stitzel-Weller juice, I’m surprised the number isn’t higher.
But since you’re going to enjoy it, the number doesn’t matter anyways. ;)

Back
Top Bottom