Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Shaggz

A strong 7
Ouch! To be fair, mine were Vodka based and WC is malt based. Appropriate options for a Z crew gathering, sans a Z

These next go around if it's hot AF again

Attachments

• 20210701_120439.jpg
    20210701_120439.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 4

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had friends over this past weekend, and they were kind enough to bring host gifts.
50E5510A-0317-47A1-925D-BF68055D6087.jpeg
Of course you can’t go wrong with 4R,
but especially excite to try the Nikka.
They wouldn’t let me open it for them while they were over, so I did my best with some Michters and 4R single barrel select.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So this has been on my radar for a bit, found it on sale for $50 (usually $60-65), so that was the kicker.
629BA545-CCC6-4305-A480-E3642C489485.jpeg

Initial impression: I see why lots of folks like this. It’s often described as a stout of a bourbon, with lots of richness/chocolate in the malt. At 115 proof, it’s familiar territory with my KC9/120, but this drinks a tad bit hotter somehow.
I’ll give it a fair chance, and spend some time with it (I’ve read it benefits from being given time in the glass to open up), and try some with water, but it’s going to have rally strong to dethrone the KC for me.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So this has been on my radar for a bit, found it on sale for $50 (usually $60-65), so that was the kicker.
View attachment 164882

Initial impression: I see why lots of folks like this. It’s often described as a stout of a bourbon, with lots of richness/chocolate in the malt. At 115 proof, it’s familiar territory with my KC9/120, but this drinks a tad bit hotter somehow.
I’ll give it a fair chance, and spend some time with it (I’ve read it benefits from being given time in the glass to open up), and try some with water, but it’s going to have rally strong to dethrone the KC for me.
No reason to settle for 2nd place. Go back to KC and I'll take the OF off your hands, NP.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A couple of new ones I’ve tried recently

D7DD47B3-8A20-4899-8CEC-38F5926BC8DA.jpeg
Coffey here refers to the type of still that is used- it’s more efficient than a pot still.
That said, I’ll be damned if I don’t taste coffee notes. Looking forward to getting to know this one.

9E9CCB0E-66CA-4058-A66E-2112D9C6233E.jpeg
Based on reviews, had to try this. 13y, BIB, so 100*. It hasn’t completely won me over yet, nor totally offended me.
Ill see where I land, but for $5 more, right now I’ll stick with my KC9/120.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
A couple of new ones I’ve tried recently

View attachment 165671
Coffey here refers to the type of still that is used- it’s more efficient than a pot still.
That said, I’ll be damned if I don’t taste coffee notes. Looking forward to getting to know this one.

View attachment 165672
Based on reviews, had to try this. 13y, BIB, so 100*. It hasn’t completely won me over yet, nor totally offended me.
Ill see where I land, but for $5 more, right now I’ll stick with my KC9/120.
Nice pours my friend..

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had a good day hunting the other day-
Wanted to grab the Michter’s for a guys night I’m having in a couple weeks.
it deserves something good.
70209F0C-8A59-4894-8AEB-8E6509E2F46B.jpeg
Grabbed the Eagle Rare because I haven’t seen one in a while.
The pandemic has definitely shifted the market- special but not totally allocated bottles I would see regularly are not showing up on the shelves.
Likely a combo of production and demand issues.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had a good day hunting the other day-
Wanted to grab the Michter’s for a guys night I’m having in a couple weeks.
it deserves something good.
View attachment 165902
Grabbed the Eagle Rare because I haven’t seen one in a while.
The pandemic has definitely shifted the market- special but not totally allocated bottles I would see regularly are not showing up on the shelves.
Likely a combo of production and demand issues.
Nhu?

Top Bottom