Another Newbie

Stocky

A switchback is essentially a hairpin turn in the trail. Trails up steep climbs are usually built as a series of switchbacks so that the trail "snakes" up the face of the climb, rather than going straight up it.

Thanks guys, now that you explained it , it makes complete sense.

secondspeed02

detail information about the Tourne

if you don't climb to the top of the tourne, it's all pretty rolly stuff. not overly technical and it's fun.

The Tourne has 3 towns its in Denville, Boonton and Mountain lakes has 2 other parks it manages old troy in parsippany (patriots path) , Johnathan woods in Rockaway NJ is a stepping stone riding into a.k.a split rock really called wildcat ridge great place to ride. if you're in Tourn'e you can freely stop @ the shop and say hi It's my place of work
Evan
peace keep cranking

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Tourne has 3 towns its in Denville, Boonton and Mountain lakes has 2 other parks it manages old troy in parsippany (patriots path) , Johnathan woods in Rockaway NJ is a stepping stone riding into a.k.a split rock really called wildcat ridge great place to ride. if you're in Tourn'e you can freely stop @ the shop and say hi It's my place of work
Evan
peace keep cranking

What shop do you work at?

Stocky

Evan
peace keep cranking

We used to take my buddies jeep up to split rock. I remember the trails really wide suitable for a truck etc.. and for the most part very flat. Are we talking about the same trails ?

I forget where we would go in, but we always ended up right up by Rt 23 where they store old trains in the giant barn/garage .

Top Bottom