Another new member

rlb

What's up to all, been reading the site for the last week and wanted to say hi. I'm a fairly new rider, bought a bike 2 1/2 years ago but haven't been all that serious until the last few weeks. My gf and I ride together, mostly at the D&R canal or on the road, but I'm looking to start riding some trails. She's not as adamant about that though, but I think we're ready for some beginner stuff. Seems like 6 mile or allaire are the places to start, I might try to make it on a tues night one of these weeks. Cool site here, I hope to get involved.

Rob

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
She's not as adamant about that though, but I think we're ready for some beginner stuff. Seems like 6 mile or allaire are the places to start, I might try to make it on a tues night one of these weeks. Cool site here, I hope to get involved.

Rob

Welcome, I've been pushing for my gf to come out as well; it's not an easy task. The odd part is that she used to ride Diablo, but is nervous about the begginer ride - go figure.:confused:

TonyC

What's up to all, been reading the site for the last week and wanted to say hi. I'm a fairly new rider, bought a bike 2 1/2 years ago but haven't been all that serious until the last few weeks. My gf and I ride together, mostly at the D&R canal or on the road, but I'm looking to start riding some trails. She's not as adamant about that though, but I think we're ready for some beginner stuff. Seems like 6 mile or allaire are the places to start, I might try to make it on a tues night one of these weeks. Cool site here, I hope to get involved.

Rob

Welcome. Those seem like great places to start. Although Allaire would be really sandy during the summer months and can be really frustrating riding in sand.

rlb

Thanks I can probably add some dysfunction
beer.gif

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Welcome. Those seem like great places to start. Although Allaire would be really sandy during the summer months and can be really frustrating riding in sand.

That is why the new trails are there. Join us on the Tuesday night beginner rides and we can show you the non-sandy trails.

sixseven

Hey and welcome.

I would say 6 Mile is a great one to start with esp with the GF. Lots of fun trails and the D/R trail is right there too. Miles of great stuff at 6 Mile and except for some of the bridges its all noobiable, it just gets better the faster you go.

rlb

Thanks for all of the good advice. I'd love to get to Allaire but it's tough with work (I work in Millburn) but I think I might try it one of these weeks. 6 mile is close so I will be there one of these days.

Has anyone ridden South Mountain? There is a local petition going (Saw it at High Gear yesterday) to start a pilot program to allow mtb riding. That would be great for after work rides, but I think that place might be out of my league anyway...

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Is there any info around about getting South Maountain legal again? S Mtn and Watchung, if legal, would be the closest places to me. A non-riding section for these parks would be a nice addition to the site here. A place where one could go to keep up with the events of trying to get these parks legal.

Out of curiosity, what legal parks would S Mtn and Watchung be most similar too?

TonyC

Is there any info around about getting South Maountain legal again? S Mtn and Watchung, if legal, would be the closest places to me. A non-riding section for these parks would be a nice addition to the site here. A place where one could go to keep up with the events of trying to get these parks legal.

Out of curiosity, what legal parks would S Mtn and Watchung be most similar too?

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5125&highlight=essex

Great riding from what I can remember..Stopped riding there in '90 or '91.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i remember as if it were a meal ago...

south mountain terriain is like a rough lewis morris of a few years back. off camber trails, root sections, log overs...

2369271185_a00a4123bf.jpg

Top Bottom