Allamuchy Sun 12/3

S

Stan LeCupp

Anyone up for Allamuchy on Sunday? I'm going to do about 15-20 miles. Moderate pace with a few stops. Start from Waterloo lot at 10:00am.

Last edited by a moderator:

J-Dro

I'm up for this. I left work early today and got an hour+ at the Mooch today. Couldn't resist the 70 deg day. :cool:

S

Stan LeCupp

Great Jeff! Look forward to seeing you there.

Yeah this weather is killing me. I wish I was off today. I'm normally off Wednesdays, this week I was asked to work. I was hoping to join a night ride Wed night then I got held up at work so I'm anxious to get out and ride this weekend. :)

J-Dro

Alex , I took the plunge and picked up an RP23. So far I'm liking it. Alot. I'm no weight weenie but I dropped a pound over my coil shock.

S

Stan LeCupp

mtbdawgJeff said:
Alex , I took the plunge and picked up an RP23. So far I'm liking it. Alot. I'm no weight weenie but I dropped a pound over my coil shock.

Nice! did you get the higher volume air canister? I'd like to try one of these. Can't complain about the DHX air though, as long as it's not stuck down.

J-Dro

Yeah, based on Turner's recommendation, I got the high volume canister. I'm still dialing in the settings but I like the ability to turn the Pro Pedal completely off for the downhills. I did have to slightly notch the rockers though to make room for the pump to fit on the air valve. It's a well documented 'mod' on mtbr.

Lookin forward to a good ride on Sunday.

S

Stan LeCupp

Good ride Sunday! Thanks to all for joining in.

We had 5 riders and cranked out a tough 16 miles. Weather was great as was the conditions. Hope to see you all on the trails soon. Great Day!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wake your ass up early and lead me around MD one of these days.

S

Stan LeCupp

normZurawski said:
Wake your ass up early and lead me around MD one of these days.

If we have a warmer morning I could go a little earlier. You'll never see me riding at 7am though. Especially when it's cold out:) . How late can you ride? I could do 9am if it's not too cold.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would like to go on record stating that anyone who rode ALL-a-muchy thisyear, has earned the right to not want to ride on cold mornings. i also propose that only others who participated(like norm) have a right to fart in their general direction.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stan LeCupp said:
If we have a warmer morning I could go a little earlier. You'll never see me riding at 7am though. Especially when it's cold out:) . How late can you ride? I could do 9am if it's not too cold.

Dunno, actually. I usually don't try to press the issue. This weekend is early regardless, since I have another thrilling trip to the dentist in the early afternoon. Maybe one of these days after that.

J-Dro

Alex, great ride. Thanks for leading and showing us some new stuff. That teal trail towards the end was a blast - my 1st time. I usually take the red trail all the way down through the choppy stuff.

S

Stan LeCupp

anrothar said:
i would like to go on record stating that anyone who rode ALL-a-muchy thisyear, has earned the right to not want to ride on cold mornings. i also propose that only others who participated(like norm) have a right to fart in their general direction.

Sounds fair enough too me. :hmmm:

Top Bottom