Allamuchy Suggestions?

mtn

First time there. I hear the north part is all rock, so where should I go for more flow? If someone were to tell me where to park, I think I will be able to figure it out from there. Will be going early morning tomorrow in order to beat the crowds.

jackx

First time there. I hear the north part is all rock, so where should I go for more flow? If someone were to tell me where to park, I think I will be able to figure it out from there. Will be going early morning tomorrow in order to beat the crowds.
I would say there are a lot more rocks when starting from the Continental Drive @ Waterloo Rd lot. I typically take White/ yellow, to Yellow, to White, to Green..

More better flow on Orange and White when starting from the North side of Route 517 North from Route 80 Exit 19.

Reactions: mtn

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
North has punchy climbs and a number of rocky tech sections. South (aka Deer Park) is less so. I’d suggest Deer Park first of you haven’t ridden that area before. Download the Trail Forks app and you’ll find most every trail on there. For Deer Park I’d recommend parking at the Rutherfurd Hall just off 80. Head away from the road and you’ll pick up the Mansion trail that leads into the park. Recommend a clockwise loop. Have fun and don’t be social :p
368F6EEF-EA2E-4F90-925D-32EA2B028B78.png

:p

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stephen's for the 3rd choice.
Deer park is good and easy to follow.
Stephens offers some solid flow.
All 3 parks offer little in marked trails.
Grab someone in a lot if your lucky or be prepared to a bunch of map stopping.

xc62701

If you want flow go to Lewis Morris. Seriously though the best flow of the 3 is in Stephens but still it has quite a bit of rock. Deer park is good but it the most forgotten park. Mooch north has flow but you’ve gotten to know the place mostly it’s a mindf$ck and pretty techy trails if you are not familiar.

mtn

After riding high point (which isnt on trailforks surprisingly) the other day, I’m done with the rocky tech for a bit. And todays 15mi ride which consisted of 1/8 mile of flow. I am really contemplating moving out to the PNW.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
After riding high point (which isnt on trailforks surprisingly) the other day, I’m done with the rocky tech for a bit. And todays 15mi ride which consisted of 1/8 mile of flow. I am really contemplating moving out to the PNW.
Well if you want a ride without rocky tech and you want to stay in north jersey, I’d strongly recommend Stephens. There’s probably some tech there, but compared to the surrounding parks it feels non existent. And it’s a lot more flowy than you’d expect for being in northern nj.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did u ride North?

roc

Mooch is not all that flowy. It does have some good flow trails though. Ice cream, wavin Willy. 15 miles there feels longer than a lot of places. Where did you ride ?

mtn

Not to sound like a baby, but I just couldn't fall asleep at a decent time last night. Ended up just getting up and "working" on the computer and then going to bed at 1am. 5hrs of sleep just wouldn't have cut it, so I didn't go today. Ended up riding the same old local trail. If someONE wants to hit up allamuchy one day, let me know.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Not to sound like a baby, but I just couldn't fall asleep at a decent time last night. Ended up just getting up and "working" on the computer and then going to bed at 1am. 5hrs of sleep just wouldn't have cut it, so I didn't go today. Ended up riding the same old local trail. If someONE wants to hit up allamuchy one day, let me know.

So Stephens and DP have flow while they have rocks aren't bad, tbh compared to mahlon and wild cat there's hardly any rocks

roc

So Stephens and DP have flow while they have rocks aren't bad, tbh compared to mahlon and wild cat there's hardly any rocks
I really wouldn’t even put deer park on the same planet as any of the other parks. While Stephens is easier than most of mooch north and certainly wildcat, it’s way more technical than deer park. Deer park is like an outlier over there. Way less technical than most other parks north of 78.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
While Stephens is easier than most of mooch north and certainly wildcat, it’s way more technical than deer park.

I always thought Stephens was easier than Deer Park, but I guess I haven't ridden Deer Park all that much.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really wouldn’t even put deer park on the same planet as any of the other parks. While Stephens is easier than most of mooch north and certainly wildcat, it’s way more technical than deer park. Deer park is like an outlier over there. Way less technical than most other parks north of 78.
Fake news

roc

Yeah, but you think wildcat
I always thought Stephens was easier than Deer Park, but I guess I haven't ridden Deer Park all that much.
I haven’t been to deer park in a long time, but I’ve been there a whole bunch of times, unless there is a few trials that I don’t know(which, clearly could be ,the case), my impression is deer is easier than tourne, Lewis morris.
what the fuck do i know?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

If you are serious about the PNW.. I'll set you up with a tour guide in Bellingham. I rode there for a week last Aug and I can't wait to go back. Make the dive from there to Squamish too. Those two are my favorites .

Top Bottom