Allaire Conditions

JonF

The road gap jumps over by the powerlines have been re-built. Those are really asking for trouble.

Karate Monkey

Ahoy, thar be water standing at the bottom of Tobaggen. No, not the area below the step that has been getting steadily worse, but now BEFORE the step too.

I dread to think what it's going to look like by this weekend. Depending on the weather Friday afternoon ~6:30, I might try to get out there with a spade before somebody decides they want to build a kicker there :rolleyes:

Karate Monkey

The cutting out of any tree gate that might possibly be construed as 'close' continues on Mick's. Another one was down today when I went through. I am convinced that the only thing saving the gate on the orange trail out the lot is that it's...right out the lot.

Seriously, is nobody else concerned about this crap?

@Bleeder is there anything you would suggest?

Frank

Sasquatch
The cutting out of any tree gate that might possibly be construed as 'close' continues on Mick's. Another one was down today when I went through. I am convinced that the only thing saving the gate on the orange trail out the lot is that it's...right out the lot.

I'm apposed to anyone cutting anything without the park involved. That said in my experience I would suggest enforcement be left for park officials and not trail volunteers. Confrontations in this litigious state can be costly.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm apposed to anyone cutting anything without the park involved. That said in my experience I would suggest enforcement be left for park officials and not trail volunteers. Confrontations in this litigious state can be costly.
:gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster:

krink

Eddie Munster

Absolutely, some freakin nimrod went through Hartshorne Summer 2019 and removed anything remotely challenging. The fact that it is happening throughout Allaire now completely sucks. What can we do about it?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What can we do about it?
This: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster:
or this: Your call. ;+)
If you are there when the deed is being done and collect photographic evidence including the individual, and then their license plate, you can bring that to the park office. They will contact the park police and they will deal with it. It has worked in the past with other issues.

thegock

Rode BRIS bane for an hour. 3.6/4 Great to go.

PXL_20210417_165446482-01-01.jpeg

Karate Monkey

Park was in reasonable shape, though specific corners are still wet, much of the park is draining. I never thought I'd be happy to see skunk weed growing--at least it'll mean the ground will dry [slightly] faster.

I passed what appeared to be an 'abandoned' camo-painted kit e-bike on Glass around 6:30. There was a QR seatpost rack with a mini chainsaw hanging out on it. I gave a quick 'anyone there?' and on hearing no response, I continued on. On my way back Glass later in the ride, there were several 4-6" freshly cut logs that were off-trail 4-5 feet. A strong causality, but nothing else. If anyone happens to have a camera running/phone out, be alert.

The 'log overs' in the twisties around the airplane field have almost all been cut through one side, with the log remaining on trail. Keep an eye out here.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions