Allaire Conditions

Remedysurfer732

Mmmm love some whataboutism in the morning.

Someone else is doing something shitty so I can excuse other shitty behavior is a great attitude to take.
Whataboutism made my day! 🤣🤣 Isn't that what MTBNJ is? 🤣🤣🤣 MTBNJ is the complaint dept for the old and grumpy who are keyboard warriors.

Go Ride your bikes! Go live a great story!

Karate Monkey

I think you should rethink your approach here. I see these guys there all the time and actuall stopped to talk to them. They seem to be a good fun group and they clean up after themselves. Their actions are not going to get you or me kicked out of the park. Maybe them but not us.
Maybe you should talk to them first? Instead being ANGRY!! Kicking fire pit over isn't going to help cause I know they are not going to use fire pit anymore.

I'll say right now that most of those guys involved are a good group of people. Plenty of MTBNJ jerseys sitting around that fire pit as well. They offer everyone food including non riders. Beware of the man above and actions cause he is definitely watching. Best part is they clean up after themselves and other trash left in lol every time.. Meanwhile people drink beer all over lot and leave thier trash everywhere.. A certain group from North Jersey Parked up top drinking beers threw beer cans in woods till I said pick it up or I call all plates in for DUI. Suddenly all cans were gone.

By the way Gary stop smoking weed all over trails while families are all over trails these days. If you want to be a leader you should lead by example. Follow state law that says no smoking in parks before you try to enforce law. 🤙🙏✌

Okay, maybe this isn't clear enough. I'll try again.

OPEN FIRE PIT NEXT TO BURN-PRONE FOREST BAD.

bydabeach

Rode the main Allaire trails for the first time in a very long time yesterday. It was very empty. Guess some people don't reciprocate with a smile/wave/hello when passing on the trails. After reading the last several pages of this thread, will stay in the WMA and Brisbane areas where there are fewer people and problems.

Karate Monkey

Rode the main Allaire trails for the first time in a very long time yesterday. It was very empty. Guess some people don't reciprocate with a smile/wave/hello when passing on the trails. After reading the last several pages of this thread, will stay in the WMA and Brisbane areas where there are fewer people and problems.

Allaire is a weird park. Lot can be full-to-bursting, and once you're a mile away from the lot (or not at the sandpit/parkway), you won't see anyone...or might see someone pass far off on another trail. I've encountered only 1 large group in the last year, and due to the layout of the park, it's easy to bug out of a passing situation (except maybe once you're on Sherwood, Tiger Woods, or Glass).

The WMA and Brisbane will be covered in ticks/chiggers shortly. During the summer, not much maintenance happens in those areas because of them (among other reasons). I'll cut smaller deadfall (2-3"), but that's about it. BIG stuff typically gets re-routed.

lettuce.jpg

On topic: two problem corners remain over the last few months: the teeny-tiny creek crossing next to the car needs armoring/total rebuild. The driest I ever saw it was last week when it was only slightly muddy, instead of a straight mess. The other is right past the airplane field where the trail overlooks the treatment plant/river trail downhill--there is a corner that has been holding chronic water, that looks like it could be fixed with a drainage knick and a little bit of rock.

Toboggan has a berm that is getting horribly cut, but I'm not sure much can be done about it. Hurts more since it was recently rebuilt, is all.

I erroneously reported that the boardwalk was removed from the river trail. It seems someone moved it(?) closer to the road over a dip that didn't need it? Not sure of the logic here, but I rolled passed someone the other day who was gingerly shimmying over the decrepit loading ramp. Not sure that's a good look.

romaine-lettuce-1296x728-body.jpg

FRg

Couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a new beaver that moved into the park with a 4-5 pound steel tooth.

Trail camera time?

yeah so this is an example of something that rangers might want to know about.

But your anti Asian racism hate rhetoric is the kind of trash that becomes violent. And that’s what gets people kicked out of parks.

Frank

Sasquatch
I have met the guys who are having the fires, cooking, etc. At first glance I was concerned about it as well, but I would not be surprised if they had thought about extinguishing as well. There are more things that go on at the park that are more concerning. The amount of times the park police roll through, they are probably aware and may have talked to them about it.
Now back to my first sentence, these are good guys and very approachable. Friendly dudes who enjoy the mtb life and always welcome anyone to join them. I didnt read anything about that inferred hatred on this thread, so please, let's not go there. The world we live in is fucked up enough so let's try not to let it spill into our riding world. And let's not let this thread spin out of control like the 6 mile situation has and let this remain about trail conditions at Allaire.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Okay @Patrick , no more from me, but I've got to ask, what the duck (quack) are you talking about?

I'm thinking the word play from the 90s has been recast in current terms as being anti Asian irt your forum name.

IMO it is reaching a bit, as many use their favorite bike that way. And that was not your original alias.

Personally, I would have just let you vent, and it would have been over.

So I kinda think it is over now.
Please.

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

The drop-off over the log near the car has been hollowed out on the backside (downhill approach). Use caution if you haven't been to the park recently.

Someone cut out @Mitch 's skill log on Hog Bog. Not a potential crash issue, though they didn't have the good grace to finish cutting the WHOLE thing out and kicking it down the hill.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The drop-off over the log near the car has been hollowed out on the backside (downhill approach). Use caution if you haven't been to the park recently.

Someone cut out @Mitch 's skill log on Hog Bog. Not a potential crash issue, though they didn't have the good grace to finish cutting the WHOLE thing out and kicking it down the hill.
I get depressed riding at Allaire these day. No joke. The stuff that is going on is ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: don

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions