All Girls Ride 2007

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Calling all girls of all levels ! Team Campmor would like to invite you out for this very special day of sharing skills, stories and just plain all girl fun.

The day will start with skills practice in the field, and then a quick refuel break before we all hit the trails. We can take an easy start down the Sussex Branch Rail Trail, and then venture onto some singletrack and put those skills to test.

Meet at Kittatinny Valley State Park, Goodale Rd lot on Sunday April 15 at 10:00. :)

pixy
Team Campmor

Last edited:
N

Neen

I'll put 4/15 down on my calendar. If you girls can teach me how to NOT slow down when approaching an obstacle, I would be eternally grateful :p
(Jess, thanks for sending me the PM).

I'll put 4/15 down on my calendar. If you girls can teach me how to NOT slow down when approaching an obstacle, I would be eternally grateful :p
(Jess, thanks for sending me the PM).

Simple - just do not pull on the brakes! :)

I found that a big confidence booster was actually this - fall. Fall right over, fall off the bike, go over the handle bars once, twice or thrice. When you get up and realize you are not hurt, you begin to lose the fear of falling, and riding at faster speeds over anything in your way becomes natural and fun.

Once you realize that speed is your friend, you will approach obstacles with confidence and be able to get over (almost) anything in your way. I still have trouble with very high rocks and logs that have no lead-up angles, I would like to work on that skill. If I can make it, I will be there to play.

NJ Jess

Armour helps

I found that a big confidence booster was actually this - fall. Fall right over, fall off the bike, go over the handle bars once, twice or thrice. When you get up and realize you are not hurt, you begin to lose the fear of falling, and riding at faster speeds over anything in your way becomes natural and fun.

LOL, yes. Falling a lot helps, but darn,.....if ya hurt too much you miss some days riding.

Armour is another beauty. Riding in the early season when its colder and challenging yourself to try harder obstacles really builds confidence.

But the best way would probably to "offweight" the front of your bike and let the shock do what it does best,....recoil. As long as the rider has their weight on the pedals (center), the tires will naturally continue to go over the obstacle. We just need to remember to hang onto the bike and maintain our center.

I'll show ya how on the 15th of April! Smiles, Jess

rocknrollgirl

Hi guys. I might try to come up and ride with you on the
15th. I will know for sure as we get closer what the ol schedule is looking like.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan on meeting up with you ladies for this ride. I used to ride alot, then took a 5 year hiatus to have a few kids. I swept the cobwebs off the bike last Nov and have been trying to get in as much riding as a can, which isn't as much as I wish. Looking forward to it.

DD-

Girl's Ride

I plan to be there -

I'll be the one with the wicked hangover due to my brother's surprise 40th birthday the day before, but what the heck :D

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Wow, this is great ladies.

It's amazing how much confidence can be gained when learning with other women. As the saying goes: " 90 percent of it is 50 percent mental", or something like that.

I'm looking forward to this.

Ellen

p.s. If some boys are feeling left out, I am trying to line up another ride for the guys, so they can do their thing. :wedgie:

The Rose

You girls planning on doing anything at Allaire, Hartshorne or Clayton? I know my wife would be into that

kerrybelle

You girls planning on doing anything at Allaire, Hartshorne or Clayton? I know my wife would be into that

Hey neighbor! A local trip could always be arranged with me. Let me know when you guys are available. I'll send you a message when I've got some girls rides going.

I'm back to road riding as well, so I usually rotate my weekend riding days between the road and mtn.

Kerry

J

JerseyGirl

Hi ladies! Is there a flyer for this event, costs, or anthing along those line???

NJ Jess

AllGirlRide info

Here is a link to last years KVSP clinic http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700
Hi,

Calling all girls of all levels ! The girls from Team Campmor would like to invite you out for this very special day of sharing skills, stories and just plain all girl fun.

The day will start with skills practice in the field, and then a quick refuel break before we all hit the trails. We can take an easy start down the Sussex Branch Rail Trail, and then venture onto some singletrack and put those skills to test. Beginners welcome.

Meet at Kittatinny Valley State Park, Goodale Rd lot on Sunday April 15 at 10:00.

Art plans to lead a guys ride also.

Hope to see you!
Ellen
Team Campmor

Last edited:
J

JerseyGirl

awesome

thanks for the info. Sounds like an event not to be missed.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I would be happy to set something up for Hartshorne or Clayton, anytime. Just give a yell.

Ruth

Awesome networking girls!! Sounds like there are a lot more women down south looking to ride with other women.

Hopefully we can get some ideas going and spread the word. This is such a fun sport. More women should be taking advantage of it and riding their bikes.

:D

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Hi Girls -

just a heads up to check back here Saturday, as the weather for this weekend does not look very good at this point. What do those weather people know anyway? I just would hate to see all you enthusiastic ladies freezing out there in the rain.

Don't worry, I will reschedule if necessary, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Ellen :)

OMG completely forgot about this weekend, and it was even marked on my calendar. I think I will still be there, weather pending. Thanks, Pix, for keeping us posted on the weather. If the ride is still on I'll do my best to get there.

Cheers!
JGR

Top Bottom