All Girl Rides 2008

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hello Ladies! Spring is around the corner. Let's get ready to start posting some rides up. Here is the preliminary listing of the Jorba "All Girl Rides 2008":

April 27, Sun. - Wawayanda pre-ride of the race course

May 10, Sat. - Kittatinny fun ride, after the kids race.

June 8, Sun. - Blue Mt Festival (tentative)

Sep 13, Sat. - Jorba Festival

:):):)

Last edited:

ellenserruto

Hi Gals!
Putting those dates on my calendar. I'll try to make it to all of them.
Is anyone available to ride this Sat. @ Ringwood. I haven't been since last H2H race and I feel like breaking out of my usual Sat. ride routine.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I really want to try to make it to the ride at waywayanda, about what time do they usually start?

It is usually late morning. I should have a more specific time posted shortly. So please check back.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Hi Gals!
Putting those dates on my calendar. I'll try to make it to all of them.
Is anyone available to ride this Sat. @ Ringwood. I haven't been since last H2H race and I feel like breaking out of my usual Sat. ride routine.

Cool Ellen! I may be able to do that. I have been on vacation so I am not sure how the conditions are at Ringwood, but I will try to check later this week and post up if I can ride Saturday.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Awesome, if I wear my knickers can I join these rides? :D

Pssssss - The fest is 13 Sep :)

KenS

JORBA.ORG
No easties allowed on JORBA rides unless they provide a release from the Emperor, signed by the imperial secretary and routed through CLIMB's eastern office for approval.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
All males attending must have signed release from their wife and mother on all rides taking place on Mother's Day weekend. No exceptions! :rofl:

KenS

JORBA.ORG
In all seriousness I think its kick ass that these folks are leading all girls rides. So many people have told me how much fun they had on them, and the leaders are great riders.

I remember last year (or the yr before?) I saw the girls ride at an intersection in blue and there was just a huge grin on every girl's face. They were having a lot more fun than us it seemed.

Eileen

These rides are awesome and we always have a great time. I'll try to make as many as I can!!!

Just an FYI the 27th is Sunday :D

F

FallGirl1430

Excellent idea Pixy!
The Fat Tire MTB race is Sunday April 27th in CT. I plan on doing that race and I will try to ride with everyone at wayway. For the H2H races I make it a point to ride the race courses the day before the event. I think it would be great if we had an "all girls ride" at each of the races, I know that's asking alot. Since my boyfriend works at the his bike shop Saturday's I'm usually out riding alone. I remember last year the day before the Rumble in the jungle race I rode the *marked* race course and wound up getting lost for 2 hrs! Thank you for posting the dates and mostly for putting it together,

Fallgirl ... :)

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
These rides are awesome and we always have a great time. I'll try to make as many as I can!!!

Just an FYI the 27th is Sunday :D

I apologize. That is the 3rd typo on that post. What can I say?? Too much sun in AZ.:D

Waway Pre-ride on Sunday the 27th.

ellenserruto

I have earned myself 4 hours off from family duty. Weather permitting , I'd like to ride 9 to noonish. I am hopeful that we'll connect.:)

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Ellen - I sent you a pm.

Ken - I'm workin on the newsletter first. Plus, I filled my flickr account, so no more pictures until April 1. In the mean time there is a brief AZ report and a few pix on my blog:

http://pixyandabike.blogspot.com/

I also didn't want to rub it in too bad, but riding in shorts and short sleeves was soooo nice!!!!!

Spartacus

No easties allowed on JORBA rides unless they provide a release from the Emperor, signed by the imperial secretary and routed through CLIMB's eastern office for approval.

I am freelance. I am a member of no empire. I know no emperor and if need be I shall slay him!

There For I am SPARTACUS

and I will Join Jorba..............HA !!!!!

Last edited:

Spartacus

All males attending must have signed release from their wife and mother on all rides taking place on Mother's Day weekend. No exceptions! :rofl:

I can still get moms approval...............as for the wife. Lets Just say I am.......Single :mad:

Top Bottom