All-A-Muchy Date?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know if there is a preliminary date yet for the 50k? Most other races seem to have their dates worked out, at least in pencil. Just wondering.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
All-A-Muchy Date

Right now we are looking at the weekend of October 6th and 7th. We may run the race on Saturday this year to allow folks time to recover on Sunday rather than doing that on Monday.

BTW there may be an option for the race this year...may be the reason for running it on Saturday as well. Hummmmm.....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the update guys. I look forward to this "option". I assume it'll just translate to more pain.

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
More-O-Muchy???

So what is More-O-Muchy??? You got it TWO Laps. That will traslate into 100K (or about 62 miles) and over 10,000 of climbing!

It will be interesting to see what the overall times are for this. Expect to see a formal announcment of this in the near furure!

Maurice

Bob, don't be a wimp, there should be enough daytime to squeeze yet another lap. Besides, what are lights for? Make sure we climb ditch/cardio at the end of each lap so as to be sure to hit the 100 mile mark.

Then we can call it 'Hell-A-Muchy'

Shaggz

A strong 7
it seems reasonable if the second lap is optional. to keep increasing the length of the race may narrow down the number of riders who would be willing to particiapte.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
So what is More-O-Muchy??? You got it TWO Laps. That will traslate into 100K (or about 62 miles) and over 10,000 of climbing!

It will be interesting to see what the overall times are for this. Expect to see a formal announcment of this in the near furure!

Bob, Whats up? Are you trying to kill me?

I've been out of the hospital for two weeks now, and riding my trainer for up to 45 minutes. I haven't pedaled in the woods since Memorial Day. But, it was my goal to be in shape to do this race again (and hopefully beat my time from year one). Two laps & 10000 feet of climbing may literally kill me. Are you expecting rain too...that would be the nail in the coffin.

Hope to be riding with you soon.

Gary

anrothar

entirely thrilled
al, it's not like they're getting rid of the 1-lap option. it'll be the all-a-muchy and the more-a-muchy. personally, i think i would go for the 'more'. i've allready got an 'all' sticker on my truck. and at that point, my sub 4hr goal for the all would translate into a sub 8hr time for the more.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now that I've had some time to digest it the idea seems interesting but with laps it becomes too easy to bail after one. Personally 1 was enough last year but I would hope to be in good enough shape to knock out 2. We'll see. The organizers might be cursing themselves when they're still out at 10:00 pm waiting for those last 2 riders to stagger in.

I think this puts you into the pure enduro category. The 50k was probably a little too light to be considered one by ride424.com standards. But this should make the list. Plus it's a tough course so there you go. It seems a lot of the enduros are popping up lately, and existing races are going longer. The Michaux series has gone to 50 mile formats and they might possibly be doing a 100 this year. Then there's the Horrible Hundred in NY state. And of course the 24 HOA, the Wilderness 101, and the Shenendoah 100 and you're really starting to get a solid enduro presence in these here parts.

Well, I'll be interested to see how it all plays out. Depending on how the season falls, you may actually start to get some bigger names to this race, which would be cool. You had Harlan Price last year even though he DNF'ed. This will certainly help make it more of a national event.

ryderX

It's actually 2 different events on the same day. All A Muchy will be the same race as the last 2 years, 1 monster lap of 50K. More O'Muchy will be the same exact course but you'll be doing 2 laps. Same format, same day, just a bit longer and more exciting. (in a root canal kinda way) Race the one you like.
:drooling:
You can sign up for either format, though if you sign on for More o'Muchy, you can't drop down into the shorter race at the half way point. It's all or nothing.
What could be more fun?

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Glad everyone has calmed down...

Glad Ryder X got the word out, man! A few of you read the post correct...it is an option!

Gary, gald to hear things are going well. Even if we were going to the 2 lap as the only race, an exception would be made for you! Glad to hear you still have those positive thoughts going!

Everyone else, back to training!

Bob W.

PS sean - would not add a third lap, too boring. Now if one were to talk about the three sections of park, that would be a nice 100 miler!

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
some incredible, epic, organized 100+milers would be possible in new jersey if it weren't for busy road crossings. you can connect waywayanda, farny, mahlon, allamuchy and (obviously)stevens and kittatiny with naught but a handful of on road miles.

Top Bottom