$800 - 2016 Specialized Fuse Comp 6fattie 27.5+ Size: Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing, but we all know @domo -
We don't know you. your first post is to sell something.

i'm really not interested in your story, and what you expected vs what happened. you could have worked it out, but you whined.

i suspect the bike is stolen, so you want cash. post up the serial number. Let's check it out.

Throw anyone under the bus like that again, and you lose access to the site.

Ouch!!

I've met @domo couple of times and bought stuff from him. All exchanges were pleasant. Altho I agree what transpired here does not sound good, but I am sure it's just an error in judgement stemming from his eagerness to help out a friend.

Personally, I would buy/sell/ride with Conrad anytime.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in

Just waiting for seller to reach out to my friend and I'm 100% confident that Mtbnj peeps will respect the original agreement between us.

Richard is ready with the full amount as agreed upon and just waiting for pickup and meetup time and location.

Hopefully all gets resolved and seller gets the cash and we can all live happily ever after

How about that game 7. The one and only time I watch a baseball game. Was worth it

tell me about it, some guy tried to tempt me with a guitar for my cross bike. why would you offer crack to drug addict who hasnt had it in a while. just evil people out there.

@pearl

Didn't even think of that. You aren't left handed, are you?

And before anyone else posts it...

im-not-left-handed-either.png

drove over 68 miles to meet erick on monday after work......admitting my fault not having his money on me but nonetheless my friend would still like to proceed in buying the set
erick is a nice guy and im sure he will reach out to my friend to arrange a time and place for the transaction

is everyone watching game 7 or the CMA?

Honestly I also would have been uber sketchy on the Paypal thing and probably called the whole deal off.
However the gist is you didn't have the full amount on you but offered what you had as a deposit, and the lowball offer was a miscommunication on the paypal thing?
Nothing here sounds terrible, really. FWIW I've gotten around $1500.00 out of MAC using multiple transactions. Yes, it was for a bike.;)

Not for nothing, but why didn't @domo paypal on the spot? If you dont have the app, can access the website. I sense sketch from both sides on this one.

I did offer to Paypal the balance on the spot
And when he refused I offered to give him all the cash I had down as a deposit and bring the balance back the next day when I can draw the remainder.

I'm pretty sure seller even mentioned that. No sketch on my side my friend. Specially not when I was willing to drive a good amount and was there as promised coming up with solutions

I did offer to Paypal the balance on the spot
And when he refused I offered to give him all the cash I had down as a deposit and bring the balance back the next day when I can draw the remainder.

I'm pretty sure seller even mentioned that. No sketch on my side my friend. Specially not when I was willing to drive a good amount and was there as promised coming up with solutions
Ok, suspect transitioned to the noob then!

It was a fair assumption if you bought both that the total price was the bike minus the bike rack.

The only thing stolen here is whoever ends up getting the bike and rack for $1k. I understand you don't want the screenshots of the text message exchange on here, so I'd be more than willing to send the screenshots of the entire text message exchange to any and all moderators to verify the details and how the exchange went down.

Look, I posted the entire text message exchange that led to our meeting for transparency purposes. To avoid this kind of witch hunt against me, so I guess I have to now give you all a full accounting of the meeting. I didn't want to embarrass anyone but if you're going to call me a thief and then blame me for being sketched out, then you need to hear the story.

As you should have saw in the text messages, I offered to deliver the bike to Domo anywhere in Central NJ, telling him twice that I don't mind driving and don't have much going on after work. To which he tried to meet me at my house (which I never do with internet meetings) so I set it up at a park nearby instead. So though Domo may complain he had to drive all this distance, he was the one who created that problem as I offered to drive to him twice.

He arrived and I apologized for the bike being a tad dirty. He said he didn't mind. He said he wasn't sure what his size would be. I told him to feel free to take it for a test ride and he did a quick circle around the parking lot. He then stopped and asked what my lowest price would be for both. (Note that he already lowballed me at $600 for both in text message and I replied that my price was firm.) I was a little annoyed he was again trying to haggle the price despite agreeing that the price was $1k for both. I replied that $1k for both was the lowest I would go.

He then asked if I had the receipt. I said I wasn't sure (I checked that night, and I do have it). He said something along the lines of "The warranty is not transferrable, if I have any issues with it you'll do the service for me right? If I have any issues I can drop the bike off to you and you can bring it to the LBS right?" to which I replied NO (because I am not going to be at his beck and call for god knows how long to get a warranty bike repair done for him and deal with the hassle of arranging him dropping a bike off to me) It's a bike, not a child. I'm not dealing with visitation schedules.

He then hemmed and hawed and looked the bike over and told me the thing was, that he didn't have the money because he was waiting for a guy to buy a bike he had for sale, so he only had $200 on him. He said he was thinking the guy would buy his bike over the weekend but he wasn't sure that it would be this weekend. He then asked me to hold it for him.

At this point I was pissed he called dibs on both on the forum and then didn't show up with the money to buy it, and then wanted me to hold it for him until the weekend. I told him that wouldnt fly, and that I didnt understand why he wouldnt show up with cash. He told me he asked me how much of a rush I was in to sell it and thats why he asked and that I should have told him on the phone to bring cash for both if I wanted to sell both that day. I said that bringing cash to buy both of the items he claimed dibs on was assumed and again I told him I didn't understand why he wouldn't bring the cash and that I cant hold something for him until the weekend that plenty of other people expressed interest in.

He then paced back and forth stating that he drove all this distance, and that he would take the rack tonight. I said no, I need the rack to transport the bike back to my house now, and that I was hoping to sell both at the same time for that reason. He then paced back and forth and said I had to give him something after he drove all that distance (his fault, I offered to deliver)

I told him as much, that I offered to deliver it to him, and that I'm sorry he wasted a trip but that he wasted my time to. I loaded the bike up and left.

He then offered to do the PayPal instant transfer thing shortly after I left via text message as you all would have seen in my update post. The thing is, I am not super keen on the idea of PayPal after he just told me he didn't have the money and was waiting for one of his bikes to sell to someone else over the weekend.

Now maybe he meant he didn't have the money on him, but considering he had the entire day up until 5PM on Monday to withdraw the money, I assumed he just didn't have the money at all and wanted to do a PayPal transaction via credit card, which opens up all the associated issues with chargebacks and "no product delivered" claims.

Basically the whole situation involved a lot of demands from a guy who showed up without the cash and then again tried to haggle on the price. And then he made a lot of demands that I hold it for him, which wasn't going to happen after everything that took place.

Now he's telling everyone that he hopes I will respect the agreement we had and sell it to his friend......we never had an agreement. He was supposed to show up with $1k in cash for both that he claimed dibs on on this forum and he didn't.

So to sum it all up, he:
-Tried to haggle with me in person again, despite going over the fact the price was firm with him twice before.
-Tried to get me to guarantee I would take the bike in for service for him.
-Tried to get me to guarantee I would hold the bike for him until the weekend, at which point he had a hope he would have the money after one of his bikes sold.
-Tried to get me to take a deposit until whenever he had the money, knowing full well there were other people who wanted the stuff and would probably show up with the full amount in cash as requested.
-Offered me PayPal instant transfer after I left, despite admitting in the beginning he didn't have the money and was waiting for one of his bikes to sell maybe over the weekend if the guy decided to buy it.

Not sure how I ended up as the bad guy for posting two items at a reasonable price and my only expectation was that the buyer would show up with cash after having all day to prepare. I even offered to deliver it so whining about driving a long distance is unwarranted and frankly I think it was an attempt to bully me into taking a lowball offer or to make me feel guilty for not holding it until his bike sold and he could get me the money possibly over the weekend.

Thats why I posted the text message exchange that led to this, to prove I was being reasonable. It was after all of the above that I had enough and didn't want to sell it to him anymore. And I hope you now understand why I found the PayPal thing sketchy.

And for the record, there was no mention of this friend Richard at anytime during our meeting or in text message.

Last edited:
@KibblesNbitz ;one of the admirable qualities of this forum is the integrity of the classifieds. Peeps usually go out of their way to be fair and honest. I'm sorry you had a negative experience here. Hopefully next time will be smoother.

Fwiw, the bike looks like a solid deal that I even considered for a few. GLWS

This is whining like a child. That is why.

Again, it is simple. say, "I'm sorry, we can't make a deal." or "No, the bike is 'as is'" - or if you are feeling charitable, "I'll take your deposit, for 1 day. If someone comes up with the cash after that, i'll keep $20 of the deposit and return the rest" - which pushes it right back.

Yes, you were put out, and it didn't go as expected. It may have gone some place you've never been. Just call it a learning experience.

My bad for being such a douche, but it is better we stick together as a community, with you as a part.

Some people negotiate down to the last minute. My strategy is to tell them "if you aren't telling me something i don't know, then stop negotiating" -

it is a good deal, and i apologize for my insinuation.

So I think we're all good and cool now?

Money on hand since Tuesday and just waiting to confirm place and time as originally intended and expressed

You have his number,feel free to reach out to him as he's still waiting to complete the sale.

Good to go

The only thing stolen here is whoever ends up getting the bike and rack for $1k. I understand you don't want the screenshots of the text message exchange on here, so I'd be more than willing to send the screenshots of the entire text message exchange to any and all moderators to verify the details and how the exchange went down.

Look, I posted the entire text message exchange that led to our meeting for transparency purposes. To avoid this kind of witch hunt against me, so I guess I have to now give you all a full accounting of the meeting. I didn't want to embarrass anyone but if you're going to call me a thief and then blame me for being sketched out, then you need to hear the story.

As you should have saw in the text messages, I offered to deliver the bike to Domo anywhere in Central NJ, telling him twice that I don't mind driving and don't have much going on after work. To which he tried to meet me at my house (which I never do with internet meetings) so I set it up at a park nearby instead. So though Domo may complain he had to drive all this distance, he was the one who created that problem as I offered to drive to him twice.

He arrived and I apologized for the bike being a tad dirty. He said he didn't mind. He said he wasn't sure what his size would be. I told him to feel free to take it for a test ride and he did a quick circle around the parking lot. He then stopped and asked what my lowest price would be for both. (Note that he already lowballed me at $600 for both in text message and I replied that my price was firm.) I was a little annoyed he was again trying to haggle the price despite agreeing that the price was $1k for both. I replied that $1k for both was the lowest I would go.

He then asked if I had the receipt. I said I wasn't sure (I checked that night, and I do have it). He said something along the lines of "The warranty is not transferrable, if I have any issues with it you'll do the service for me right? If I have any issues I can drop the bike off to you and you can bring it to the LBS right?" to which I replied NO (because I am not going to be at his beck and call for god knows how long to get a warranty bike repair done for him and deal with the hassle of arranging him dropping a bike off to me) It's a bike, not a child. I'm not dealing with visitation schedules.

He then hemmed and hawed and looked the bike over and told me the thing was, that he didn't have the money because he was waiting for a guy to buy a bike he had for sale, so he only had $200 on him. He said he was thinking the guy would buy his bike over the weekend but he wasn't sure that it would be this weekend. He then asked me to hold it for him.

At this point I was pissed he called dibs on both on the forum and then didn't show up with the money to buy it, and then wanted me to hold it for him until the weekend. I told him that wouldnt fly, and that I didnt understand why he wouldnt show up with cash. He told me he asked me how much of a rush I was in to sell it and thats why he asked and that I should have told him on the phone to bring cash for both if I wanted to sell both that day. I said that bringing cash to buy both of the items he claimed dibs on was assumed and again I told him I didn't understand why he wouldn't bring the cash and that I cant hold something for him until the weekend that plenty of other people expressed interest in.

He then paced back and forth stating that he drove all this distance, and that he would take the rack tonight. I said no, I need the rack to transport the bike back to my house now, and that I was hoping to sell both at the same time for that reason. He then paced back and forth and said I had to give him something after he drove all that distance (his fault, I offered to deliver)

I told him as much, that I offered to deliver it to him, and that I'm sorry he wasted a trip but that he wasted my time to. I loaded the bike up and left.

He then offered to do the PayPal instant transfer thing shortly after I left via text message as you all would have seen in my update post. The thing is, I am not super keen on the idea of PayPal after he just told me he didn't have the money and was waiting for one of his bikes to sell to someone else over the weekend.

Now maybe he meant he didn't have the money on him, but considering he had the entire day up until 5PM on Monday to withdraw the money, I assumed he just didn't have the money at all and wanted to do a PayPal transaction via credit card, which opens up all the associated issues with chargebacks and "no product delivered" claims.

Basically the whole situation involved a lot of demands from a guy who showed up without the cash and then again tried to haggle on the price. And then he made a lot of demands that I hold it for him, which wasn't going to happen after everything that took place.

Now he's telling everyone that he hopes I will respect the agreement we had and sell it to his friend......we never had an agreement. He was supposed to show up with $1k in cash for both that he claimed dibs on on this forum and he didn't.

So to sum it all up, he:
-Tried to haggle with me in person again, despite going over the fact the price was firm with him twice before.
-Tried to get me to guarantee I would take the bike in for service for him.
-Tried to get me to guarantee I would hold the bike for him until the weekend, at which point he had a hope he would have the money after one of his bikes sold.
-Tried to get me to take a deposit until whenever he had the money, knowing full well there were other people who wanted the stuff and would probably show up with the full amount in cash as requested.
-Offered me PayPal instant transfer after I left, despite admitting in the beginning he didn't have the money and was waiting for one of his bikes to sell maybe over the weekend if the guy decided to buy it.

Not sure how I ended up as the bad guy for posting two items at a reasonable price and my only expectation was that the buyer would show up with cash after having all day to prepare. I even offered to deliver it so whining about driving a long distance is unwarranted and frankly I think it was an attempt to bully me into taking a lowball offer or to make me feel guilty for not holding it until his bike sold and he could get me the money possibly over the weekend.

Thats why I posted the text message exchange that led to this, to prove I was being reasonable. It was after all of the above that I had enough and didn't want to sell it to him anymore. And I hope you now understand why I found the PayPal thing sketchy.

And for the record, there was no mention of this friend Richard at anytime during our meeting or in text message.

This would have drove me crazy. But been there. I now only meet at a restaurant down the road from my house.

I had a guy drive down from East Rutherford to Brick a month ago for Jeep parts after negotiation was complete. He then tried to renegotiate after arriving explaining I should give him gas and toll money for his travel.

My response was to put the parts back in my truck and tell him to have a nice drive back.

Cash and carry, personal classified aren't Amazon or the Sears catalogue with layaway.

Can somebody explain to me, why I love all the posts with controversies. What's the matter with me?
I miss the back and forth about the trails being made too easy at the top of skyline. By the way, I never found any of those "easy trails"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom