7/8 - Darkhorse Gallop

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what's the difference between this Sunday's race and the Stewart Challenge from 6/3?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok I just read the website:

Due to the fact that we will be sharing the Stewart Lands on July 8th with a kennel club dog trial event, we have shortened the course so as not to interfere with their plans. To make up for the shortened distance of first lap 5.5 miles, and second lap 6.0 miles, beginners are doing 2 laps, sport 3, expert 4, and pro 5...the course is very fast, flowing and fun, and a little added distance will enhance the experience! See you there!!!!

Looks to be just a modified course as opposed to different. Considering this but if I do it I'll be on hte old Trek full-rigid, which should be fine except the bars on that are way too narrow for my liking.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The course is also for the most part backwards from the last race, with a few minor changes. It also seems to flow differently with more steep ups and downs, but that may be up for opinion depending on who you talk to.

ArmyOfNone

Im looking for a four letter word....

Where to begin...

O how about the warm up. We are coasting down that fun little hill with the huge holes and ruts and what not. We are near the bottom so i let off the brakes not seeing this little dip in the road. Right over the handle bars i go at a bout 20mph. Luckily it was me and some how i managed to get out of the pedals rolled a bit and watched my seat fly off as the bike tumbled the rest of the way down end over end. Just great.

I tore a nice hole in the ass of my shorts about 5 inches and picked up some nice cuts to go along with it. I must have hit my heal pretty good bc that was bothering me. But i managed to shake that off and luckily was able to attach my seat back on the post.

At the start i felt fine, no pain. Well that was until i got near the end of the first lap and some asshole tried to pass me on my left except he had no where to pass and there was a sharp left turn and some muddy rocks. My handlebars got tangled up with his we both went down. I was unable to get my foot out of the clips which tweaked it even more and then when i did get out i rolled on top of his bike and got the foot stuck in his cranks. Nice. he went rolling into the bushes. The ass didnt even apologize. I wanted to kick him in the face. Almost did but thought better of it. I got up thinking i may be able to pedal at least but that wasnt happening. Every time i pulled up on the crank it hurt. I thought to suck it up but then i tried to walk and that hurt even more.

so today was not so much fun. The loop was a pretty sick. Honestly it was a bit unfair. How the hell were you supposed to clean those rock face climbs?!? I did a lot of walking for the first part of the lap. I was feeling good to. I was picking off a few guys and making my way up to the middle front of th lead group. O well. I guess it happens to everyone. Just glad i wasnt hurt THAT bad.

Heres the bit that i did.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=3246293

ArmyOfNone

It Sucks...it Sucks...it Sucks

Sounds like you made up for the lack of crashing at KVSP.

That sucks, I crashed 4 times at the first race at stewart.

FYI. its not a good idea to crash during warm ups.

Yea it was an ugly day. There are some tough sections there. O well.

ArmyOfNone

How did everyone else do today? Hope you all did well. I am feeling much better now. Im not sure if it is the ice or maybe its the beer. My GF thinks its the beer.

Shaggz

A strong 7
fred, those rock face climbs are real tough under the best of conditions. sounds like a bit of suck factor was in you corner today, but good job getting out there anyway.

D

DANSPANK

Mate, that's crap news about both tussels. I hope you gave the guy a few choice words at least!

ArmyOfNone

fred, those rock face climbs are real tough under the best of conditions. sounds like a bit of suck factor was in you corner today, but good job getting out there anyway.

I have not seen anything like that ever. I really was looking forward to hitting them without 12,000 ppl walking them. Next time. The ride up was not terrible so i would not mind riding up there sometime.

Mate, that's crap news about both tussels. I hope you gave the guy a few choice words at least!

I really was so mad that all i could think to do was assess the damage and get back on the bike to see how i felt. I should have pushed him back in the thorn bush. :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
hey AON, hope you feel ok tomorrow. You looked a bit dirty when you went by, and then I noticed the rip in the shorts. Wow, sounds like a tough race. I prefer gears over SS at that race because of those steep hills.

I ended up having a great time racing with gears!! Our National Champion, Georgia Gould showed up to race. Not that I was anywhere near her, just cool to be out there with the best. My Titus racer-x was awesome on the course. Fighting off calf cramps on the last lap I stilll came in with a smile. :D My best race this year. Now I need to go get more water to drink!!

ArmyOfNone

hey AON, hope you feel ok tomorrow. You looked a bit dirty when you went by, and then I noticed the rip in the shorts. Wow, sounds like a tough race. I prefer gears over SS at that race because of those steep hills.

I ended up having a great time racing with gears!! Our National Champion, Georgia Gould showed up to race. Not that I was anywhere near her, just cool to be out there with the best. My Titus racer-x was awesome on the course. Fighting off calf cramps on the last lap I stilll came in with a smile. :D My best race this year. Now I need to go get more water to drink!!

Today was a mess. When you saw me i was hurting pretty good. I raced the SS which really was fine. Those climbs were wild. I would have liked to hit them again. Really i would have liked to roll down them. That would have been more fun.

Great to hear you had a blast! Drink Drink Drink!!! I will be too. But it just wont be water.

Top Bottom