6 Mile Run Conditions

I had to modify my "crush the apex" style of cornering, based on tackiness in the twisties, yesterday to a more casual "ride the berm" tack, so be advised it is still far from "primo dirt." The wet areas are still, well, wet.

Call it a 3 overall, but for those mudskippers lurking here it's a 2, stay away.

I had to modify my "crush the apex" style of cornering, based on tackiness in the twisties, yesterday to a more casual "ride the berm" tack, so be advised it is still far from "primo dirt." The wet areas are still, well, wet.

Call it a 3 overall, but for those mudskippers lurking here it's a 2, stay away.

yes -
i was riding casually, plenty of spots where turning at speed might would cause problems....also didn't make it to orange.

More than you care to know - i'd rate it somewhere between 2 and 3, but given the porto-john was just cleaned, i gotta say 3.
I gotta say that Hartshorne is a solid 5. The porta john (at claypit lot) has a light which is activated when dark, after you finish up a ride and its kinda dark its nice and cozy in there with the soft light.

May try to get here Friday morning if the weather holds. Rest of the week looks good. Thinking early? 7:30am ish is anyone's gonna be around. Of course, wife could pull the plug in an instant on this.

Thursday afternoon 3 or 4pm may work too.

Out digging tonight and I predict it will be downright dusty in ten days if we see no rain.

Tested a new trail tool:

http://nevercomingbackmtb.com/products/multi-mcleod

Possibly my new all time favorite trail tool.

Also heard from everyone who passed me that there was at least one person on a blue (I suspect Yamaha) motorcycle in the woods.

Next time call these guys:
http://www.nj.gov/dep/warndep.htm

I didn't call as I didn't see them myself (serious lucky for them).

Also heard from everyone who passed me that there was at least one person on a blue (I suspect Yamaha) motorcycle in the woods.

That might have been me - I was going so fast on the horsethief and with the bigger tires people probably thought I was a motorcycle ;)

Seriously the park is in great shape - you did a great job on most of the erosion on blue in the field from canal lot. I rode everything - from canal lot blue, red, orange, red - 27 lot, red back to white, then red to canal rd. Only issues I saw:

1. Mud pit right after concrete bridge
2. Low bridge leaner on beginning of orange
3. Low bridge leaner on red coming back from 27 lot
4. Erosion on some of the rollers on white
5. Really bad erosion on big rollers on red before canal rd.

Other than that it was awesome - even the usual muddy spots on red paralleling orange are almost dry

That might have been me - I was going so fast on the horsethief and with the bigger tires people probably thought I was a motorcycle ;)

Seriously the park is in great shape - you did a great job on most of the erosion on blue in the field from canal lot. I rode everything - from canal lot blue, red, orange, red - 27 lot, red back to white, then red to canal rd. Only issues I saw:

1. Mud pit right after concrete bridge
2. Low bridge leaner on beginning of orange
3. Low bridge leaner on red coming back from 27 lot
4. Erosion on some of the rollers on white
5. Really bad erosion on big rollers on red before canal rd.

Other than that it was awesome - even the usual muddy spots on red paralleling orange are almost dry

So it's fair to say that as a 29er guy thus far, the jump to 27+ is easy and awesome???

I headed out of blue lot for an after work road rip today. As I was rolling out I saw J's truck loaded with tools in the back. Couldnt wait to read the updates.

Needless to say the fatty is coming to work with me tomorrow.

Thanks J!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions