6 Mile Run Conditions

Sorry wasnt able to meet you. Some things popped up and I just got home now :(
I am unable to update while traveling as I have a stupid phone (no internet)
Bummer. Really needed a good ride and was looking forward to meeting you
:(

Conditions were great this morning, aside from the early cold.

Unfortunately, I did see a pack of 10 or so riders at about 11am on the Red near the 27 Lot and NONE were wearing helmets.

A tad dusty here and there especially in the spots exposed to a lot of sun, but really good for the most part.

First time here, and wow, what a fun trail system. Rode everything but the white trail and loved it. The lack of rocks and any serious climbs could turn the more seasoned off, but for me it was welcomed. Very smooth and flowy.

I was at 6 Mile for the first time this past Saturday. LOVED it.

I did not do any research and thought it was a 6 mile loop. Made it in about 5 miles then turned around. I will do the FULL loop when I have more time!
A tad dusty here and there especially in the spots exposed to a lot of sun, but really good for the most part.

First time here, and wow, what a fun trail system. Rode everything but the white trail and loved it. The lack of rocks and any serious climbs could turn the more seasoned off, but for me it was welcomed. Very smooth and flowy.

6 Mile Run is named after a reservoir I believe, there is close to 17 miles of trails.

While it isn't overly technical, the fun of this place is enjoying the flow, and over time, reducing the time it takes to ride the entire loop. But don't be fooled by the simplicity of 6 Mile, many folks have been seriously injured here.

Yeah it's much larger than what it appears to be on the map lol. For my first time out there a couple weeks ago, I parked at canal Rd lot, and just did the start of the blue to end of blue and back to the lot, and it was an hour and 45 minute ride for me. It was fun.

I drove by at lunchtime. Standing water is visible as you'd expect, but it looks like if ran off more than sank in, but you can only see but so much from the outside. Might be ok by the weekend...

Beat ya to it! Went out this morning and rode the field on blue and the forbidden red to Jacques. One puddle on the field trail with a few slightly soft spots (most where new digging just happened). It's good.

image.jpeg

Yep did a short loop canal side, just a few puddles (wiped out in one on a turn). Leaves on blue were so bad tho I got off trail, turned around and ended up going in the opposite direction. There's a dead tree leaner on blue that's pretty low right before the new section with the dip.

I got to ride most of the park in between jobs today, and in the words of Pearl. "Just a little mud in the usual spots." Good to see Juggernaut, Moray42?, and JimV out there today.

Last edited:
Most of it was greasy with leaves, the usual puddles. Way crowded, almost got front ended. spoke with JV about bike stuff.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions