6 Mile Run Conditions

Update. - conditions were near perfect this evening. There were only a few puddles and they were avoidable. Overall the trails were nice and tacky.

hey all first post, first time rider at 6 Mile on Monday evening.

I parked over at the soccer fields and took the red trail to an unmarked trail and ended up doing a large loop around a field across the power lines and pipeline and came back to the red trail to the orange trail. Orange trail was dry and a ton of fun.

While on he unmarked trail I heard some rustling of leaves and figured it was a small furry that I spooked. It went on for a few seconds and I heard it move from one side of the trail to the other and it was getting closer. I looked over my left shoulder and saw a 8 point buck pacing me 10 yards into the woods. He was like that for 100 yards until the trail went to the right and he went to the left. Just happy he wasn't a bear, or aggressive from mating.

When I got back to the parking lot after the ride I say a crossbow hunter coming back empty handed, apparently I'm really stealthy in my orange vest, huffing and puffing on my bike to sneak up on a buck, more so than his cammos and tree stand :)

whats that new re reoute on blue all about?

Running clockwise on the section before the open fields - I refer to as the 12 left/right curves.

Yeah, somebody cut a trail right through the middle of it. Been doing early morning runs there before sunrise and found myself on these new cut throughs.

Along with all the logs that have been cut out - Weak Sauce...

Running clockwise on the section before the open fields - I refer to as the 12 left/right curves.

Yeah, somebody cut a trail right through the middle of it. Been doing early morning runs there before sunrise and found myself on these new cut throughs.

Along with all the logs that have been cut out - Weak Sauce...

those turns had some perpetually wet corners. although its a little straighter i think they are now a foot or two higher than before, so now the water drains to where the old trail is/was. i think.

whats that new re reoute on blue all about?

This was just a little section that I had mapped out but never added when I did a total reroute after sandy.

There are 4 more sections of blue that will be revised over the winter.

It was not me who cut out the logs btw.

I was thinking that you cut them when I was riding it last night. I thought - He must be settled in the new shop and is getting back to trail maintenance.

I am back at it.. a little bit anyway

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 201
New rider here..
Rode six mile for the first time yesterday. So much fun.
Thanks to whoever put all the effort in to make this happen. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into something like this. Seemed the perfect ride for someone of my skill level.(Novice).I could handle it all cept some of the bridges..

Thanks again..

Last edited:
BTW I did see a old fence post not far from the entrance by the soccer fields..
it looks well worn down and just off to the side but I imagine if caught the wrong way it could be a problem.

BTW I did see a old fence post not far from the entrance by the soccer fields..
it looks well worn down and just off to the side but I imagine if caught the wrong way it could be a problem.

Hey Tony,

JDog (Jason) is the park steward, architect, and much of the labor responsible for the trail system. There will be some volunteer opportunities in the future, hope you can make it out.

Pat

the spot i was thinking of used to be a straight path through the woods, about 15-20 sec total. now instead of going straight it cuts off to the left and does some twisties before getting back on the normal trail. added about 3/10 mile total. nice to have more twistes, i was just super confused for a second

the spot i was thinking of used to be a straight path through the woods, about 15-20 sec total. now instead of going straight it cuts off to the left and does some twisties before getting back on the normal trail. added about 3/10 mile total. nice to have more twistes, i was just super confused for a second

This is how nearly all the twisty trails were added in the park. 1/4 mile or so at a time. Before you know it, all the straight sections were gone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions