6 Mile Run Conditions

Well so far, I've been to Six Mile twice, today being my second time. My first was last week. It was dead today and it was nice having all of the trails to myself, although on my way back there was some traffic. I rode blue to red and a little past the concrete bridge, and back to the Canal lot. I just back into riding and still trying to get back into shape, so I try not to overwork myself although I can't wait to check out more of this park. Trails were in nice condition, I can tell these trails are maintained frequently which is great.

I noticed once it hits around 4pm everyone must get out of work and head out there, which makes sense as usually that's when I get out. But I'll be trying to ride here during off hours, or when I get out of work early or get there very early on weekends. I talked to a few people who stopped when we passed each other, some I'm sure are members on here. A couple others weren't rude but weren't friendly either. Kind of surprised me.

how are conditions there guys? Dyin' to ride. I see the forecast and doesn't look like rain there yet...

Thanks!

It's been drizzling on and off since early early morning (felt like 3:30/4 when it started). It's too slick.

thanks clarkenstein! I missed JH early this a.m. Was maybe going to still go to ride but long drive for me if it's crappy there.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....what to do ... what to doooo..... arg.

I rode last Friday and there was a tree down on the Red Trail after the rusted out mini cooper. Anyone know how that happend and if we need to arrange to go clean it up?

^^ ditto today. I only hit White, Orange and Red leaving from the lot on Jacques Lane, but conditions were really nice. I would have done the whole loop but my shitty Topeak saddle bag straps decided to rip today and I it took me 20 minutes just to rig it enough so it wouldn't get caught in my back tire :mad3: Looks like its time to pick up a Timbuk2 bag.

Conditions were good today, a couple puddles, but mostly just tacky six mile gold

Enjoy your ride

^^ ditto today. I only hit White, Orange and Red leaving from the lot on Jacques Lane, but conditions were really nice.

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

good, i have some business to take care of :getsome:

27 lot side slick, soggy and plenty of puddles during my trim session early this morning. Need more time to dry out......three riders passed me and left tracks even after I told them it was not a good idea.

27 lot side slick, soggy and plenty of puddles during my trim session early this morning. Need more time to dry out......three riders passed me and left tracks even after I told them it was not a good idea.

Question??? Knowing the terrain of Six Mile I would stay off until I knew was dried out and firmed up. But what is the consensus of going out at a Lewis Morris or Allamuchy or some of the other parks on a day like yesterday... Should you stay off the trials a day and let them dry?? This morning it's beautiful out .. Hard not to go out after a week of crappy weather..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Round Valley is the go-to park when all others are sloppy. RV is indestructible.

Mahlon also holds up real well, I think that would be a good choice today.

plenty of dopes out there this morning - I road by the canal lot and there were muddy mtbs all over. Big puddles on the end of red trail

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions