6 Mile Run Conditions

Forgot to mention it, saw that the concrete bridge needs more love on my ride this morning. I'll try to get to it when I can but that won't be for a little while so if anyone wants to clear the tubes, PM me and I'll let you know where the rake is.

While riding Sunday we noticed the "flat" bridge next to the rainbow bridge on Red was blocked off with boards across the entrances on both sides. Didn't see anything wrong with the bridge, anyone know why it was blocked?

While riding Sunday we noticed the "flat" bridge next to the rainbow bridge on Red was blocked off with boards across the entrances on both sides. Didn't see anything wrong with the bridge, anyone know why it was blocked?
Hikers maybe? Someone also sawed off one of the top railings from the one on white and used it to "bridge" a small puddle. I completely forgot about it until I read your post. It's the kind of stuff that makes it hard to want to continue to fix the trails.

Hikers maybe? Someone also sawed off one of the top railings from the one on white and used it to "bridge" a small puddle. I completely forgot about it until I read your post. It's the kind of stuff that makes it hard to want to continue to fix the trails.
Someday I'll vent to you about the stuff that drives me nuts out there.

Rode this evening.
One mud hole at the concrete bridge.
One at the small area where there’s a lot of sticks always across the trail, like a bridge that’s not a bridge. Orange maybe? Everything else I rode was bone dry.
F826023B-F583-4228-BBB1-3182AF876FB2.jpeg

Did six mile just get hit with thunderstorms (5am-6am)? I was planning to ride this morning, and Bound Brook just got hit pretty good, might wait until after lunch now.

Did six mile just get hit with thunderstorms (5am-6am)? I was planning to ride this morning, and Bound Brook just got hit pretty good, might wait until after lunch now.
Yeah I slept at my mom's who lives in the development across from the 27 lot with the intention of riding early and it's pouring here right now. Guess I'm SOL now.

Reactions: rlb
Since I'm close I went to the 27 lot to check out. I only went in a little bit on foot and I see some puddles. I'm guessing in a couple hours it should be fine. Does it get crowded mid morning/afternoon on a weekday? I wanted to get out around 630 to avoid crowds and do 27 to Canal and back but rain ruined that. I could still do a ride to Middlebush on my lunch break if it's not too crazy.

Since I'm close I went to the 27 lot to check out. I only went in a little bit on foot and I see some puddles. I'm guessing in a couple hours it should be fine. Does it get crowded mid morning/afternoon on a weekday? I wanted to get out around 630 to avoid crowds and do 27 to Canal and back but rain ruined that. I could still do a ride to Middlebush on my lunch break if it's not too crazy.

better bet would be to ride the canal side, assuming the sun comes out and the wind blows a bit.
kinda disgusting out right now. Won't be crowded mid-day.

You could go to round valley :D

Forgot to mention it, saw that the concrete bridge needs more love on my ride this morning. I'll try to get to it when I can but that won't be for a little while so if anyone wants to clear the tubes, PM me and I'll let you know where the rake is.

I cleared out one tube on my ride yesterday. At least tried to get some debris cleared. Id be down to head out today to clear the bridge, I just don't know the fastest route on foot to get there.

I cleared out one tube on my ride yesterday. At least tried to get some debris cleared. Id be down to head out today to clear the bridge, I just don't know the fastest route on foot to get there.
I know there's a road to park on and walk right down to it but I don't remember the name. It looks like you're walking the edge of someone's yard, I'm pretty sure it's county owned.

@Patrick

Last edited:

Thank you!

Park here: https://goo.gl/maps/jMbq9AWZ3cMe6qTn7
walk down the access path to the right of the property, then left along the water to the concrete bridge.

The property is owned by somerset county - i think it is rented to an employee, but not 100% sure.
nobody has ever said anything to me. I've waved, and stayed on the perimeter.

One of these days i have to walk towards SMR again, so see if the water is damned up against
the tree that came down during sandy.

Thank you!

Park here: https://goo.gl/maps/jMbq9AWZ3cMe6qTn7
walk down the access path to the right of the property, then left along the water to the concrete bridge.

The property is owned by somerset county - i think it is rented to an employee, but not 100% sure.
nobody has ever said anything to me. I've waved, and stayed on the perimeter.

One of these days i have to walk towards SMR again, so see if the water is damned up against
the tree that came down during sandy.

Of course man! I gotta put in some work at the trails. Ill report back when cleared!

All cleared up. That one section by the start of the concrete bride going up needs at least a few people to lift all the logs. Got everything flowing and cleared up as much as my 4ft pitchfork allowed LOL
Btw, a lot of riders out today.... almost like it didn't rain last night 🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• 20200827_112442.jpg
    20200827_112442.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200827_120159.jpg
    20200827_120159.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200827_120207.jpg
    20200827_120207.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 121
All cleared up. That one section by the start of the concrete bride going up needs at least a few people to lift all the logs. Got everything flowing and cleared up as much as my 4ft pitchfork allowed LOL
Btw, a lot of riders out today.... almost like it didn't rain last night 🤔🤔🤔

we've been leaving the "block" to the shallow side of the bridge - provides a bit of protection when things get clogged.
Thanks for "jumping in." Esp after the rain this morning. water must have been moving pretty good!
will get the rest after a couple of dry days.

Looks like the resident beaver is at work again given there are green branches mixed in.

we've been leaving the "block" to the shallow side of the bridge - provides a bit of protection when things get clogged.
Thanks for "jumping in." Esp after the rain this morning. water must have been moving pretty good!
will get the rest after a couple of dry days.

No problem! I definitely owe you guys a ton more trail work days for sure!
I added another big log to the back end of that block.
Yea water was definitely moving pretty good!

The beaver is def back. Scared the shit out of me. I wasn't paying attention and he popped out of the tube thats blocked! Haha!
He's got another dam built up on the opposite side of the bridge too. Popped out of there when I cleared the back side of the tubes. Yea. I'd give it a day of solid sun before riding. Def peanut butter out there today.
Thanks for letting me help out guys!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions