6 Mile Run Conditions

JonF

Trail surfaces starting to get dusty/drifty in spots and the overgrowth is so thick, it can be difficult to see oncoming riders if you are really boogeying so be careful out there. On that note, whomever trimmed Blue, mega thanks to you! Red is silly thick right now with all the encroaching brush whereas Blue was a breeze to flow through.

Cole

Trail surfaces starting to get dusty/drifty in spots and the overgrowth is so thick, it can be difficult to see oncoming riders if you are really boogeying so be careful out there. On that note, whomever trimmed Blue, mega thanks to you! Red is silly thick right now with all the encroaching brush whereas Blue was a breeze to flow through.
@ekuhn organized the trim session. Sounds like there will be another in a few weeks.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Are you talking red on canal side or 27 side? I am assuming 27…

Mtbdog

Be careful out there, saw this on fb.
Screenshot_20230603_213507_Facebook.jpg

Bikeworks

Be careful out there, saw this on fb.
View attachment 214916
Where was this exactly, can't tell from the screenshot? Was it where I found glass, near the plywood shack?

Presumably directed at us MTBers. Shittiest of people will aim to hurt others over their feelings, regardless of how it may impact someone. Just as bad, a non-target population like a hiker, kid, or pet could've been injured. This is the type of person who will only get the message through mechanical learning.

Mtbdog

Where was this exactly, can't tell from the screenshot? Was it where I found glass, near the plywood shack?

Presumably directed at us MTBers. Shittiest of people will aim to hurt others over their feelings, regardless of how it may impact someone. Just as bad, a non-target population like a hiker, kid, or pet could've been injured. This is the type of person who will only get the message through mechanical learning.
Screenshot_20230604_083343_Facebook.jpg

Here's a better picture. I didn't personally ride here or see this so just saw it on Facebook.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I’m skeptical this was intentional. Dirt doesn’t look disturbed, and the dirt here gets lumpy when dug or like powder when it’s moved around this time of year. It looks just as buried and the dirt compacted as the rock right next to it. I’ve found old pocket knives before (even when I was in Boy Scouts) and they were in better condition than what I’m seeing here. And I still use one of them after a quick restore.

That glass has been there a long time, and is mostly likely is from kids or fishermen drinking.

When we cut the new trail by Middlebush in January there were tons of beer bottles right under the brush we were moving, broken and whole. I could easily see a knife being dropped, getting covered at some point, and uncovered just due to the crappy condition of that trail. Just my $0.02.

rick81721

Lothar
I’m skeptical this was intentional. Dirt doesn’t look disturbed, and the dirt here gets lumpy when dug or like powder when it’s moved around this time of year. It looks just as buried and the dirt compacted as the rock right next to it. I’ve found old pocket knives before (even when I was in Boy Scouts) and they were in better condition than what I’m seeing here. And I still use one of them after a quick restore.

That glass has been there a long time, and is mostly likely is from kids or fishermen drinking.

When we cut the new trail by Middlebush in January there were tons of beer bottles right under the brush we were moving, broken and whole. I could easily see a knife being dropped, getting covered at some point, and uncovered just due to the crappy condition of that trail. Just my $0.02.

Thinking the same, if real. Lots of buried crap around there.

sourlandrides

I picked up some broken glass around there yesterday. I have found glass there before once I found several kinds all together in a big glass pile in that same spot up the bank from the water close to the trail head. It seemed intentional to me because it was such a variety of broken glass including ceramic almost like someone saved up the shards to bring them there. I'm always careful around there since then.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

This.

nj-vtbiker

Rode this morning, dusty condition but the rain should help. Thanks to Jason, Ed, and all of the volunteers who helped trim back the trails.

On the topic of turtles, I also saw one on the blue trail at the halfway point. They were just chilling in the middle of the trail so use caution. The one on the berm from the previous post was not there when I rode by, but there was evidence of it being there.

In other news, on Sunday there will be a Pivot Cycles demo hosted by Halter's Cycles at Six Mile. This is a great way to try some rad bikes for free and support a local shop. If you are interested, please use the link below to sign up and reserve your bike.

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 9.43.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 9.42.50 AM.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions