6 Mile Run Conditions

Is it ok to ride? I'll be at my mom's for Thanksgiving and she's right across 27 from there. I'd love to go for a pre meal ride.

I went to ride there on Monday and turned around about half a mile in from the Canal lot as there were a LOT of greasy and rutted spots in the sunny area. I dont know if the wooded sections were any better.

Freeze 🥶/thaw is on.

Either way over freezing (w/o) rain for a few days or a solid freeze. Otherwise it’s slick as shit.

It’s so hard to get it right when it’s above freezing. It’s easier to hit it when it’s well below freezing (maybe at night)

Yea, friend road there yesterday, took him 2 hours to clean his bike, so I'm bailing. He said the shaded areas were fine, but anything in the sun, fugghedaboutit

Hmm, I would be done by 8 so I'll give it a shot. I'm not from NY so I have no problem turning around if the dirt is too soft.

It tough on days like today. Well below freezing overnight but sunny and already in the 40s by 9AM. Tomorrow will be similar. Definitely need to be out by 8AM. 6MR forecasted to be 33º and sunny at that time tomorrow. 43º by 10AM.

I was in the woods right at sun up this morning and right around 8:30ish it started to turn. By 9am it was a complete shit show and of course, the lot had 2 guys getting ready to ride. 1 in a BMW SUV and the other in a Tacoma. I saw the same 2 guys on Sunday doing the same thing. Next time I'm just gonna fight them in the lot because I'm tired of riding in their ruts.

Also, tree down on Red right after the powerlines. I mean, I hopped it but being most people ride here on hybrids and Walmart e Bikes it could be an issue...

20221123_075706.jpg

I saw another mtbnj er rode there today and wisely took the Cortelyous rollercoaster back to the 27 lot. Dis guy gets it.

Reactions: SAM
I was in the woods right at sun up this morning and right around 8:30ish it started to turn. By 9am it was a complete shit show and of course, the lot had 2 guys getting ready to ride. 1 in a BMW SUV and the other in a Tacoma. I saw the same 2 guys on Sunday doing the same thing. Next time I'm just gonna fight them in the lot because I'm tired of riding in their ruts.
I have no problem if you scream at them.

Looks like it should be pretty solid at dawn on Saturday. Will be like riding on concrete until 9-10ish. I will be there with my full face and goggles.

33E681F1-6159-4142-A474-3A97AFEE8E18.jpeg

Got to the canal lot at the ass crack of dawn. Didn’t see another soul until I returned to my car at 9ish. By then, trails were still frozen solid.

76D8CD26-F833-48DC-8E7A-3A1CC3BDAC1A.jpeg

A30788B4-5CDA-4E36-B69B-B8F0F7F6E150.jpeg

Conditions pretty good. Counted only a handful of notable puddles over the course of red, white and orange. Alll in the expect spots. Rutting was minimal.

EA1A3688-5B1C-4317-9ABA-375F2D2DB717.jpeg

Two trees down both along red where it runs parallel with orange.

One was pretty big.

71752CA7-9D89-4EA9-8195-6BB908E6D0F5.jpeg

Finally, saw signs of this guy rutting up white. Left his tracks all over the place. Freeze/thaw motherfucker! He must’ve missed Jay’s post from a couple weeks ago. What a son of a bitch.

CB83D0C7-716D-4D76-928B-E5737EF66A57.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions