6 Mile Run Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Pre practice ride from Jacques to 27. Quite a few mud puddles from Middlebush to Orange/Red split. Orange better than Red

There is a rotting dead deer on White in the cedars before the open field area. Can be seen and smell from trail.
Enough puddles to stay away?

jklett

Possible thunderstorms tomorrow evening...
350.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Did the full loop from 27, doing orange both ways and avoided red based on @Robin recommendation. Aside from maybe 10 mud holes (some in some weird spots), conditions are GD amazing balls. Orange and White were standouts of all time conditions. The most splattering was on blue. Get it before the rain today!

ilnadi

Great race conditions today at 6M, enjoyed the races today from the Marshal Point 4 by the intersection of the Red and White. Fun times by all. Note they will be racing again this Sunday.
Thanks for manning the most thankless post both shifts.

I don't know if it was you that held us up for a few minutes untill the sweepers cleared us, but riding the trails today was a pleasure. Thank you and JORBA for the awesome work you do at 6 MR.
What @WJF said, thank you for understanding. I heard the same last year from our coaches: bikers understand, hikers argue.

Super stoked on what we pulled off in the last few weeks here. Even with the endless rain this spring has delivered, we managed a dry and fast course for the kids.
Thank you, the course was awesome.

jklett

I was on foot today, a bit more puddles than I thought there would be (tried to knick as many as I could with what I had on hand but some have nowhere to drain to). What wasn't wet was really good though but I only made it from canal to the berms and bridge by Blackwell's on blue. Should be good by tomorrow afternoon.

AndyJ

Was out there riding this afternoon and evening... I wouldn't take down the caution flag just yet :) There were a number of greasy spots on orange, along with some puddles on orange, red, and blue. White was in great shape. As jklett mentioned, with the exception of the puddles, the trails are rather good. So, I'd say it's rideable if you don't mind slowing down for the puddles.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I was on foot today, a bit more puddles than I thought there would be (tried to knick as many as I could with what I had on hand but some have nowhere to drain to). What wasn't wet was really good though but I only made it from canal to the berms and bridge by Blackwell's on blue. Should be good by tomorrow afternoon.

It kills me how hammered the blue trail has gotten this spring. Clearly people don’t give a shit and are riding no matter how wet it is.

I’m slowly going to fix it all.

I wish I could lead some group trail days, but we need to be open 7days a week at the bike shop now.

Thanks to Jklett for joining me the other day to run cleanup in the section I’ve been working on with the machine.

I’ve been concentrating on the white trail over the last month, but after this Sunday’s NICA race (ride over and spectate btw, it’s amazing)) I’ll start to recut all of the blue trail and then move to the 27 side after.

I’m beyond thankful to JORBA for use of the ditch witch. It’s a powerful tool that can make big changes in a few hours.

Attachments

• C05D781E-B72B-464F-BCA7-CBC327948751.jpeg
    C05D781E-B72B-464F-BCA7-CBC327948751.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 363

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Lots of soft spots on blue - some of the re-routes/mediation that @jdog has established, have had immediate impact.
plenty of puddle nicking or re-routing to be done - if anyone goes out for a personal TM.

but overall, it is tacky. This was my first non-working loop of the year, so saw it a little differently.

Also, bring hand clippers ! find a section, and have at it. continue your ride.

ty - may good karma find you

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions