6 Mile Run Conditions

I went Chimney this morning to hike from hawk watching lot yellow down Girbrille to orange, the only wet spot is the bottom of yellow cause there's a small stream there and the small water on entrance of orange from Girbrille. the trail was fine.. Tomorrow I will hike Sourland and will take some pics.

Word. I don't doubt yellow was good but Yellow isn't usually indicative of the trail conditions for the rest of the park. Give it a shot though

Chimney Rock yellow is a good place to start when conditions are iffy. If it's wet there you can bet the rest of the park is going to suck. Last night yellow was rideable but it was soft. Climbing was super slow and painful. We need some freezing temperatures to firm the ground up.

Thanks for reading,
The KOCR

or just call him koc for short.

its supposed to get colder next week, these places should imrove then.

Dave has way more KOMs at CR. And I will take the yellow dh KOM.... soon as it clears.

it was frozen and snow covered all right. any uphill was work. I got into the field by blue (started on the canal side) and some of the snow drifts were hub deep, put a fork in me. i passed some snow-shoers and they were packing it down.

75880_10151963519748215_88145622_n.jpg

i would personally stay home, it was fun to be outside but i was doing 3-4mph the whole time... cabin fever or cursing at snow drifts, pick your poison!

My cousin and I started at 27 lot and made it about 1/4 mile in and it was about the same. Dropped air pressure and it made it a little better, but it was still dicey and very un enjoyable. I wouldn't mind hiking it while dragging a sled with cinder blocks. I think that would make it a lot better... On our way back, it was better in our own tracks... Give it time, this snow is very fluffy and with no sun or warm weather it remains as such.

Thanks for the reports guys. I was gonna head out there this afternoon but will wait until tomorrow. I was there right after the last cold/fluffy snow and it was not fun either - could barely get any traction

Thanks for the reports guys. I was gonna head out there this afternoon but will wait until tomorrow. I was there right after the last cold/fluffy snow and it was not fun either - could barely get any traction

exactly, front end sliding all over. also not enjoyable...maybe if it was a ski...hmm

Still ridiculous - at least for my setup. Made a quick exit and rode the towpath instead - and that was no picnic either

Yup! The ride from home on the canal path to six mile was tough. Not enjoyable with the ski and boot traffic. Can't we all just share? It will warm up.... One day.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions