29er tires

i liked my last schwalbes a lot but they we HEAVY. of course they were steel beads so...

anyway, i found the weight of the rampages and it's listed at 800 grams. just by going with another tire i'll drop a full pound off the bike. if i'm going to even think about racing this year, i need to start thinking about shedding some LBs...

Jake have you heard anything about the Panaracer Fire Cross .....They are modeled from the Fire XC tread which we all know is light and dependable...

nothing at all. i'll do some inter-web research today and post what i find.

sean- the ww 2.55 are what you're running, right?? no clearance issues on the KM?

So I took a bit of Jim's advice (thanks Jim), and sat down on more of the climbs at Allamuchy yesterday. The trails were pretty dry and not too loose but I definitely felt the grip was better. I'll up my rating of the Pythons on North NJ trails just a smidge.

I did, however, get a slow puncture even though I have the sealant in the tyres. I read that the Protect'air lasts for two years before breaking down. That doesn't seem to be true now, does it...

Back
Top Bottom