27.5+ dying??

Seems to be big in the Santa Cruz Chameleon community. I had I 27.5+ Ike that loved the rear traction. But did not like the front end handling. It was a Salsa Timberjack, sold the bike because I hated the over the top slack geometry. Felt like I was riding a wheelie with the front tire still on the ground.
That's what I did for my Chameleon - bought 27.5"+ wheels and 29" wheels for it. Granted, I still haven't torn down the Vassago to build the SC yet.

This article seems relevant:
https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-ne...H8H2IHNqnfMhvtMIBHE5F7S5RZlAVR1pSIHYXFg0H7Jjc

Reactions: Ron
27.5+ is fun. It does require more fine tuning the pressures like fat, but when you have it set it's great. It also gives new riders the confidence to ride more trails. My fiance noticed it right away, and I can't say it didn't provide more confidence for me as well on rocks. That being said, I still prefer 29x2.25.

Reactions: Ron
Seems to be splitting hairs at this point. I started out at 27.5 3", then went to 2.8", now 2.6". 2.6" is no longer "plus"?

I ride 27.5" most of the time, but spend some miles on the War Pig (Santa Cruz Tallboy 29",) as well. So, I started out on my daily driver with 3.0" mounted on a 52mm Jungle Fox rim on LT FS, then went to 2.8" and a thinner rim on the back. The play bike (DO NOT GET MUDDY) has 2.6" on tighter rims and is a lot snappier.

I like riding all my bikes, but then, I have a Phatboy. Who understands those Phatbois, anyway? They only talk to her cuz she looks like a total prostitute...

I ride 27.5" most of the time, but spend some miles on the War Pig (Santa Cruz Tallboy 29",) as well. So, I started out on my daily driver with 3.0" mounted on a 52mm Jungle Fox rim on LT FS, then went to 2.8" and a thinner rim on the back. The play bike (DO NOT GET MUDDY) has 2.6" on tighter rims and is a lot snappier.

I like riding all my bikes, but then, I have a Phatboy. Who understands those Phatbois, anyway? They only talk to her cuz she looks like a total prostitute...

Santa Cruz Lizzo ?
Fresh photos with the bomb lighting....

wood ride

It's all marketing brainwashing BS. You've been loving your 27.5+ for a few years. You got to know the bike, how it handles and behaves and you've adapted your riding style according to it on the trails you know best. You've done sessioning of obsticles with it. You figured out where to properly place your weight and lower your center of gravity in turns, jumps, and drops. You got the tire pressures down just right and you now have your favorite tire combo. Then all of a sudden someone comes along and says NO, you need to toss all that and relearn everything on X bike with Y size wheels and Z geometry. It's like people you don't know telling you that you should hate your bike.

Which bike did you get?
BE3A5B6B-F2D4-4CCA-8E3D-0911555C954A.jpeg
2019 Fuse

When you have to ride down very steep and rocky things, the type of things where the back tire is rubbing your anus and a crash will impale you on sharp rocks far, far, below, it will all come together and make sense then.
Those are the only times I used mine. Which is not often, because if the tire is rubbing my anus, I'm walking.

Those are the only times I used mine. Which is not often, because if the tire is rubbing my anus, I'm walking.

Who doesn't enjoy a good anus tickling? TMI?

Dry dropping it on the fast descents when you need to move the bike around a little. Get into the habit of dropping it when the trail points down and stand if you need to pedal. It will become second nature quickly, no anus tickling required. Unless you want anus tickling.

Dry dropping it on the fast descents when you need to move the bike around a little. Get into the habit of dropping it when the trail points down and stand if you need to pedal. It will become second nature quickly, no anus tickling required. Unless you want anus tickling.

This was the only time I used mine. I hear people saying they drop them in rock gardens and going thru fast turns as well, that I couldn't get used to

Back
Top Bottom