26" Tires

jdgang

My kid has found that locking the brakes on a steep road DH and leaving a skid mark is really fun. So much fun that he has left a flat spot on his back tire. I know you collectors might have a few tires laying around. So if you are looking to getting rid of any tires please PM me.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Man.... you should have mentioned this sooner. Had a couple of pairs of 26er tires but gave them away when I sold a 26er bike.
I do have 1 26er tire left... specialized something. You are welcomed to it if you are ever in the Wayne area.

iman29

i dont have any tires, but to scratch that "skid the tire" itch for them maybe you can teach them this drill i learned from my NICA coaching. Also teaches good handling skills.

find a flat open surface maybe a grass field (or even your yard i guess) and put a decent size piece of cardboard on the ground. have them pedal at a decent speed and grab the brake when the rear wheel touches the cardboard. Once they get good at it, reduce the size of the cardboard they can focus on accuracy or you can also measure how far they can carry the skid without tipping over.

this should save some tires and also less road rash injury risk aside from the shredded grass. I thought there was a video somewhere of this drill but I can't find it.

@Robin did i remember that drill correct - please correct me where needed.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I'm sure I have some, but mostly the generic type found on lower level bikes. Maybe you don't care if they just going up in smoke? Let me know I'll check when I get home.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
I have 2 Kenda Kickers wire bead, they look like Small Block 8 tires. I also have some comfort all in 26X 2.1, let me know if you are interested.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick Why is the upload image from file not in Conversations only upload link?

we don't let the peasants send images in conversations.
signed
the management

Please talk to the sales dept about upgrading to the paid tier. @jmanic

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we don't let the peasants send images in conversations.
signed
the management

Please talk to the sales dept about upgrading to the paid tier. @jmanic
How do i get to the paid tier?
No pics in pms is bullshit. Lol.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How do i get to the paid tier?
No pics in pms is bullshit. Lol.

you are a mod - proletariat class. might be able to attach images.
upgrades to bourgeois class available - see pricing schedule.
presenting qualifications for brahman class are by invitation only, not a slam-dunk.

Wolfjon

I also have a set of wire bead Kenda Nevagals that i got from another member here your welcome to if you wanted to pickup in rockaway up past Wildcat

Wolfjon

i dont have any tires, but to scratch that "skid the tire" itch for them maybe you can teach them this drill i learned from my NICA coaching. Also teaches good handling skills.

find a flat open surface maybe a grass field (or even your yard i guess) and put a decent size piece of cardboard on the ground. have them pedal at a decent speed and grab the brake when the rear wheel touches the cardboard. Once they get good at it, reduce the size of the cardboard they can focus on accuracy or you can also measure how far they can carry the skid without tipping over.

this should save some tires and also less road rash injury risk aside from the shredded grass. I thought there was a video somewhere of this drill but I can't find it.

@Robin did i remember that drill correct - please correct me where needed.
Yes this was fun Robin taught us this during the OTB 101 and we used it this winter over at the tourne on a day that the trails were not all that great

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I have a pair of stock Giant Revel tires you can have. They're the sorta slick kind.

jdgang

I have a pair of stock Giant Revel tires you can have. They're the sorta slick kind.

if they are round and free I will take them. also if you still have those shorts. I will make a trip down to the shop or meet up somewhere. I will have time this week or weekend,.

Top Bottom