24 Hours of Allamuchy

Funny, good stuff. You interested in consolidating camps along with the other MTBNJers? We're hoping to get a small showing in one general spot. I'll also be there Friday morning at some point, probably not when registration opens but maybe an hour after. I'll set up a minimal camp, do a pre-ride, then head home for the night.

Sure! that would be great! Finally put some faces to the nicks&avatars :p

But I will need space for 2 other guys as well.

Camping is done on a first come-first served basis, correct?

Yeah, first come, and so on. Safe to say that the grass spot will be taken before we get there as usual. We'd have to just grab a spot where you can throw up as many tents as possible and work from there. Even if we had a main gathering spot and people had to go off an actually sleep elsewhere, that would work.

We'll just need to find the best spot for a decent number of people to be. Steve (Shaggz) will be showing up for overnight and hopefully Jake as well. Myself and my friend Woody will be racing. Maybe Sean joins us. Plus you and 2 others. And whoever else wants to join the cha cha cha.

Cool! You know the campgrounds better, so I will follow your suggestions.
Now looks like I have one more buddy doing the race :cool:

if we get a big enough area i would be happy to join in. if it's tight though, the solo camping areas are pretty top notch. i like the platforms for sleeping on, as opposed to the ground.

I was thinking just take a bunch of solo spots in the same area. Since we're all solo it's all good.

Pre-ride ? :confused: :hmmm: :rolleyes: :drooling: :rofl: :drooling: :rofl: :confused:

Sure, why not? Nothing too hot just a nice easy pace to get things moving and so on. That week will probably be very little riding so it will be good do get the cobwebs out early.

There's no good reason to preride a 24 hour course if you're going solo. It only eats your energy. If you're on a team it makes sense. You shouldn't be going fast enough solo for it to matter.

sure, i'd be up for a spin around the course friday.

sure, i'd be up for a spin around the course friday.

Cool. That quote was before I started listening to what people who know what they're talking about say. Good detective work regardless.

I do still wonder if it's a good idea though. I debated committing to the pre-ride at all. We did one 2 years ago and it did me no good because I was in lousy shape to begin with. Didn't do one last year but I don't think it mattered. Going to try it this year again. That Lynda Wallenfells woman I've referenced in the past is a coach and has won 24s before and said you should. But then I'm not at that level so I don't know if I'm wasting my energy anyway. Figure leisurely enough can't hurt.

Last edited:
This thread is for people who are actually racing in this event.

Just found out this morning that we don't need to be in Sturbridge MA, until late on Sunday, so I might live up to my "handle"... La Flipper.

Just found out this morning that we don't need to be in Sturbridge MA, until late on Sunday, so I might live up to my "handle"... La Flipper.

It be great to see you there (actually your wife & kid, not you) & your streak would still be intact.

In DA Hizzle..

Ill be their as a volunteer with the NMBP Patrollers.

I was thinking just take a bunch of solo spots in the same area. Since we're all solo it's all good.

You guys ought to choose a campsite that the race goes through. That makes it pretty fun. One year a dude almost crashed into my tent at night. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom