23-24 Ski and Snowboard thread

Anybody out there have an Epic local pass for a 18 year old boy, they aren't using 3/3-3/7. Taking my son to Beaver Creek and Vail and his friend doesn't have a pass.

We get the buddy discount, but it's still pretty expensive. Those are the only day's my son is using it, so trade??

Anybody out there have an Epic local pass for a 18 year old boy, they aren't using 3/3-3/7. Taking my son to Beaver Creek and Vail and his friend doesn't have a pass.

We get the buddy discount, but it's still pretty expensive. Those are the only day's my son is using it, so trade??
Proceed with caution.

as others have said proceed with caution. there is incentive to vail employees to catch people that do this. If you choose to, make sure your son knows address and phone number associated to the pass. Im all for screwing vail but they dont mess around.

as others have said proceed with caution. there is incentive to vail employees to catch people that do this. If you choose to, make sure your son knows address and phone number associated to the pass. Im all for screwing vail but they dont mess around.
Yup, will do. I'm not going to worry about, my son's friend can figure out his pass.

That story has been around for a while now....I have a hard time believing that a judge will actually give you real jail time for this.....I mean is it an actual LAW you are breaking? or a breach of contract? Can we have the mtbnj legal department review this? 180 days is jail is alot and facing that, im sure someone would opt for a jury trial...and I want to see the jury who is going to send someone to prison for using a ski pass that was actually paid for, not stolen.

Anyway, I have lent my passes out in previous years...people just wore masks, nothing happened.

All of that said, goddam can you imagine how "by the FUCKING balls" the cooperate overloads at Vail have the local town officials to even try to enact and enforce something like this?

Theft of services?

it is, and it is probably more important where skiiing revenue is more important.
fraud is fraud - now the Q is did they steal a $300 day pass? or something worth more?

here's a thought experiment. If they person willingly lent it, that is conspiracy to steal.
which means both ends can be charged....

That story has been around for a while now....I have a hard time believing that a judge will actually give you real jail time for this.....I mean is it an actual LAW you are breaking? or a breach of contract? Can we have the mtbnj legal department review this? 180 days is jail is alot and facing that, im sure someone would opt for a jury trial...and I want to see the jury who is going to send someone to prison for using a ski pass that was actually paid for, not stolen.

Anyway, I have lent my passes out in previous years...people just wore masks, nothing happened.

All of that said, goddam can you imagine how "by the FUCKING balls" the cooperate overloads at Vail have the local town officials to even try to enact and enforce something like this?
Whether they try to throw someone in jail or not, that pass would be done for the year. Likely with a ban on future purchases.

Whether they try to throw someone in jail or not, that pass would be done for the year. Likely with a ban on future purchases.
Most likely...
Theft of services?
it is, and it is probably more important where skiiing revenue is more important.
fraud is fraud - now the Q is did they steal a $300 day pass? or something worth more?

here's a thought experiment. If they person willingly lent it, that is conspiracy to steal.
which means both ends can be charged....
ya BUT theft of services in colorado is a class 2 misdemeanor for this amount of money....a daily ski pass for example....you are not going to jail for 180 days for a class 2 misdemeanor...I mean unless you went into the court room and told the judge how much you hated his mother :) On top of the fact that its so easy to deny this....as Jim said....hey I dropped my pass in the parking lot, didnt realize it. I left my pass out on the counter and my dumbass roomate borrowed it.....I mean ya, they might cancel your account, but I don't think a prosecutor would get very far with the case. Especially when the pass was bought and paid for...as in the original pass wasnt stolen, someone bought it and the crime was lending it, or being the lendee....This is an academic and silly argument bc its currently raining outside....im more just interested in this from a law perspective.

Now with the buddy passes, I dont lend out my pass anymore....my friends have enough money. But that said, do I care if someone rips off Ikon/Epic? no...they go to great lengths to rip everyone else off and suck every dollar they can...so can't say it bothers me much.

On top of the fact that its so easy to deny this....as Jim said....hey I dropped my pass in the parking lot, didnt realize it. I left my pass out on the counter and my dumbass roomate borrowed it

Yeah, this would probably get the lender out of any legal trouble, but not the borrower. I also don't think they'd actually go to jail for it though.

As discussed earlier, they would be shot.

PearlThumbsUp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom