23-24 Ski and Snowboard thread

Aren't they on a reservation system?
No idea. Haven't been there in years. It was crowded then.

With 285 acres of skiable terrain I don't see them limiting ticket sales enough to make the trails "uncrowded" on any given weekend, nevermind after a snowfall.

No idea. Haven't been there in years. It was crowded then.

With 285 acres of skiable terrain I don't see them limiting ticket sales enough to make the trails "uncrowded" on any given weekend, nevermind after a snowfall.
I've skied Windham the past couple of seasons on IKON and thought it's been managed well.

I've skied Windham the past couple of seasons on IKON and thought it's been managed well.
ya I went a number of times last year, wasnt terrible. There are 3 lifts together at the bottom, one line would usually be fast-ish.

As I recall, I did have to make reservations tho.

Their elevator not working when I had a broken leg really sucked tho....maybe they can fix that.

IMO it's a no-brainer if you do some stuff local then plan a trip. For us we aim for 12. Last year we got 15. This coming season I expect 20 will be our over/under.

Ikon or Epic? I’ve had Epic the past two years as I had a planned trip to Colorado. While we are going to Colorado next year we are skiing independent (monarch) so couldn’t justify the season pass.

@Norm - do you do a ski house to get in 30ish days? Or is blue mountain justifiably for the ikon price.

Ikon or Epic? I’ve had Epic the past two years as I had a planned trip to Colorado. While we are going to Colorado next year we are skiing independent (monarch) so couldn’t justify the season pass.

@Norm - do you do a ski house to get in 30ish days? Or is blue mountain justifiably for the ikon price.

20, not 30. Bit of a difference.

I'm not a good example for your discussion. We do Ikon and that includes Tremblant, unlimited. This coming winter we plan to spend the whole break up there because D's family is there. So it's not outrageous to think we'll get 7-8 days there by Jan 1. At that point, the pass has already paid for itself.

We may do Big Sky for a 4-day trip. Or maybe go back to SLC. We're a little tight on D's vacation so I think out west will be 4 days. So you're at 11-12 there. We end up going to Vermont maybe 2 weekends, for 4-6 days depending on if I can get her to skip out early Friday morning. Say 15-18 there.

In reality maybe we hit Blue & Camelback a few times each, but only for night skiing. So you're in the 17-24 ballpark? I am sure this is not how it will materialize but that's what our upcoming season looks like.

We bought before the PA resorts were added. Blue & Camelback play no role in our decision to buy the pass.

If you're planning a week out West one of them is basically required. Without that, it will depend on the mountains you choose ski.

I’m debating this. I want to change local mountains and probably won’t go any further than VT for a day or so. Might just wing it and do a sampler tour of all the local spots and eat the cost and see which one I like the best.

It’s almost like picking the most comfortable Lego to step on, but at least I can walk.

Sugarbush , Stratton are the most enticing for my family. Staying in Manchester was great.

Killington / pico is a plus.

I never thought Vermont only would justify but sugarbush prices might say otherwise.

I’m debating this. I want to change local mountains and probably won’t go any further than VT for a day or so. Might just wing it and do a sampler tour of all the local spots and eat the cost and see which one I like the best.

It’s almost like picking the most comfortable Lego to step on, but at least I can walk.
The Ski3 card for Belleayre, Gore and Whiteface for $59 is a killer deal if you can ski weekdays, decent deal for weekends.

What are folks thoughts on # of ski days needed to justify the epic or ikon pass?
epic local pass is like $700 for an adult, $550 for teen and $400 for a kid. So break even is 5 to 7 days depending on how you compare to the ever changing on-demand lift ticket price for the day. The only holiday restrictions on the local pass are at the destination resorts. Pretty sure Stowe is the only restrict area on the east coast.

Need to pay attention on walkup ticket sales. buy online before you arrive and if you need rentals don't rely on the resort. Vail has been capping walkup ticket sales. Last year it was an issue not only on the busy holidays, but regular weekends as well. Plenty of people, pay big $$ for condo/hotel and walkup to the window expecting to be able to buy tickets and get rentals only to find out there are none available.

If i wasn't tied to epic, i would be seriously considering the indy pass. https://www.indyskipass.com/

Winter Coming Soon (Thursday)​

It’s been a long summer. 213 days to be exact, since the last time we slid on our skis and snowboards back on April 15, 2023. Not to say we didn’t enjoy the summer months, there was tons of fun to be had week in and week out! But the whole time, we’d be lying if we didn’t say we were staring up at our green-colored slopes, waiting for them to turn white once more.

This past weekend, the wizards of winter returned to change that. Our award-winning snowmakers took every advantage of a solid 36-hour window of cold temps, fired up the guns, and coated our west side under a blanket of white. As usual, they put in a herculean effort – but naturally Mother Nature isn’t giving it to us easily with spring like weather coming up in the immediate future. (It IS only November after all…)

We do not want our snowmaker’s hard work to go untouched, THIS Thursday, November 16th, we will open for one day exclusively for our season passholders. All Belleayre and SKI3 passholders can come out and get their snow legs back, and celebrate all the snowy good times that lie ahead! We appreciate your commitment, and are dedicating this first day of a great season to you. We look forward to seeing our Belleayre and SKI3 passholders both new and long-time to the mountain. If you haven’t locked in your season pass yet, now would be a great time to do so. Passes remain on sale through December 6th, when prices go up!

So, let’s talk about Thursday! We will only have expert terrain available with the Hawk Quad (formerly Lift #8) spinning from 9am-4pm, ready for hot laps all day. Upper & Lower Seneca, Upper & Lower Peekamoose, along with upper Deer Run will be cued up for the first day of the season. The Catskill Thunder Gondola will be available for upload and download only. The Discovery Lodge will be open for your base of operations, with limited food options, and the lounge area accessible! The Overlook Lodge will be available for Seasonal Lockers only.

After Thursday, we anticipate opening for the season to the general public the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 24. Subject to change if Mother Nature decides to throw us any more curveballs. Keep an eye on our snow report page for the most current conditions and operational updates.

Our time has arrived! Come get a taste of what will be a great season ahead at Belleayre.

Back
Top Bottom