2021 Giant Crest fork

Nope, same width. If you look on the stock Crest fork, you'll actually see a sticker that says 29" lol. The Fathom in stock form can run 29ers if you want
Oh poop, I didn’t notice that! Well then again I never really get a chance to get aquainted with my forks ‘cause I’m always getting them warrantied for a new set! We shall see what the outcome is. Thanks for the education. Congrats again.

Oh poop, I didn’t notice that! Well then again I never really get a chance to get aquainted with my forks ‘cause I’m always getting them warrantied for a new set! We shall see what the outcome is. Thanks for the education. Congrats again.
No problem!
And thanks...the Fox is a great fork...a definite improvement.

The guy at the shop where I got my Fathom from did say that the manufacturer did do a bit of redesign on the fork internals to combat the noise, and that the new ones aren't having the issue.

The guy at the shop where I got my Fathom from did say that the manufacturer did do a bit of redesign on the fork internals to combat the noise, and that the new ones aren't having the issue.
That would be nice, because from what I can tell it seems like a decent fork.

Nope, same width. If you look on the stock Crest fork, you'll actually see a sticker that says 29" lol. The Fathom in stock form can run 29ers if you want
Weird, I checked the sticker on my fork and it read “wheel size - 27.5”. I didn’t see 29 anywhere on the forks. Am I looking in the wrong place? I wonder if with all the Covid/ Supply issues if they stuck 29er forks on your bike! Or do you have 29’ wheels on it since new? Happy Easter Everyome!

Weird, I checked the sticker on my fork and it read “wheel size - 27.5”. I didn’t see 29 anywhere on the forks. Am I looking in the wrong place? I wonder if with all the Covid/ Supply issues if they stuck 29er forks on your bike! Or do you have 29’ wheels on it since new? Happy Easter Everyome!
No mine has the 27.5 hv wheels stock too, but here's the sticker on my crest fork:

20220417_142335-2116x2821.jpg

This week on "As The Crank Turns": Paul at Pop's Bike shop finds himself faced with taking on Big Business while fighting for the little Sheep!

So here we are again for a 4th time. End result, Paul rattled Giant's cage, which enabled him to get a credit for the Crest forks and swing me into a new set of comparable forks (from a different manufacture, of course) at no charge to me!

I really don't have anything else to say. I'm stoked, not just about the outcome, but about the constant positive experiences I've had dealing with Paul. He was with me since day 1, when I was trying to figure out the frame sizing for the Fathom, then through this whole Soap Opera with my forks. These days, great customer service seems to be going the way of whale oil, but I received nothing but the BEST service from Pop's.

Cheers to Paul, Mark and everyone at Pop's Somerville.

Back
Top Bottom