2020 Plans

The Kalmyk

I've read in a book that the state has plans for 6 Mile in the year 2020.....Does any bodies know of this or is this a rumor....If it is true is JORBA aware of this:hmmm:

walter

Fourth Party
I've read in a book that the state has plans for 6 Mile in the year 2020.....Does any bodies know of this or is this a rumor....If it is true is JORBA aware of this:hmmm:

Crap, I think I'm busy that day, but I promise to get there for the next one, when is it?

Wobbegong

Crap, I think I'm busy that day, but I promise to get there for the next one, when is it?

Good one Walter.....:D

In 1970, the land for the reservoir was acquired by New Jersey through the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Water Resources as a future reservoir and recreation area. The reservoir was never built, and in 1993 the area was transferred to the Division of Parks and Forestry.

The Kalmyk

"Confusing? Not really. According to the park brochure, development of this project won't begin until around he year 2020, giving cyclist ample time to explore this hidden off-road resource in central New Jersey."

Christopher Mac Kinnon
Mountain Biking in New Jersey
Freewheeling Press
New Hope PA

I don't know where this guy got this information but I read the brochure and nowhere does it say anything about 2020.....Sorry for the confusion

jimmysnukastyle

Some people that I know (that have lived in Franklin for some time) told me that Six Mile was acquired when the Delaware-Raritan Canal was not being utilized as a water resource. Now it is, thus no present need for a reservoir with our other resources. I've also been told an agreement was made with Trap Rock Industries (huge quarry in Franklin) to flood it and turn it into a reservoir (if needed) within the next 10 or so years when the rock is tapped. Six Mile may have a bright future as a park.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have put a ton of energy into this park.

I have heard numerous times that it is more than safe from becoming a lake. The naturalist from the D&R parks comision told me that the reservoir will never happen.

This must have been frustrating as hell for the farmers who had their land stolen from them to form the reservoir outline.

If this site had not been set aside to form a reservoir it would most certainly be all house by now.

Now the farmers lease "their' old land from the state to farm on.

It is really a bad deal...

Not to mention the chaos of allowing hunting on a small parcel of land that obviously is Multi-use.

I am not anti hunting.. I am just anti arrows. Especially when they are in the hands of intoxicated, trigger happy dudes.

Six mile is getting better all the time. If you can make our next trail day you should come.

j-

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions