2020 gravity season

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If it's like 2019, yes there is some riding, although it's only on the Basin side. All of the Western Express side trails (where the WC DH course is) were closed. The XC course was on the Basin side, but was mainly on the upper part of the mtn so it didn't seem to affect too many trails. There is also a fun XC trail loop that isn't really on the bike park map. My Strava route here. Flowy woods route that goes to a fire road and then a long tech descent towards the lake, then around the lake to the lift. I had some lift passes that were part of some package I bought (sorry, don't remember specifics).

They had the DH finish area completely closed off to general admission spectators. I think you can buy a special pass that can get you in, but I didn't know about it at the time. I was a little miffed about that.
Great info thanks man. And yes Alleghany springs. I see you rode a megatower that day -- would the DH bike have not worked? Curious what bike to bring.

I'll have to look into the VIP thing.

Ian F

Great info thanks man. And yes Alleghany springs. I see you rode a megatower that day -- would the DH bike have not worked? Curious what bike to bring.

I'll have to look into the VIP thing.
For the ride we did, the Megatower was perfect since it was more of a trail/enduro ride with a bit of climbing between the descents. That said, it was the only ride we did and I didn't check out other trails on the Basin side. In reality, I didn't go to ride, so it wasn't something I paid a lot of attention to. I go to be a WC fan-boy. :p

Top Bottom