2020 gravity season

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Great video of Gee riding the course. 1. Looks super fast and fun. 2. Some of these courses are just depressing in their visual with no grass of trees surrounding the track. I get the trucks come in and tear a lot up but man sometimes its like a wasteland.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
What was the course from a few years ago that the guys were all riding 29ers and some on single crown forks because it was just no tech and all flow? Germany somewhere i think. Thats what this one reminds me of though this one looks more fun.

Ian F

What was the course from a few years ago that the guys were all riding 29ers and some on single crown forks because it was just no tech and all flow? Germany somewhere i think. Thats what this one reminds me of though this one looks more fun.
South Africa, I think? When Jared Graves qualified at something like 3rd place on a Specialized Enduro 29er. Then crashed at the first rock section during his race run.

Qualifying is done. The years of testing the Syndicate does at Lousa has helped - all three riders in the top 4.

Not sure if it's good or bad that Gwin is only the 3rd fastest American at 19th - beat in qualifying by both Shaw (3rd) and Norton (9th).

Captain Brainstorm

Great video of Gee riding the course. 1. Looks super fast and fun. 2. Some of these courses are just depressing in their visual with no grass of trees surrounding the track. I get the trucks come in and tear a lot up but man sometimes its like a wasteland.

I've stopped giving a shit about the actual racing, but I like watching the course previews (although I'll go back to Windham if it ever happens again). Gee is the complete rider, speed and style, and I like the bikes that they're building.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Qualifying is done. The years of testing the Syndicate does at Lousa has helped - all three riders in the top 4.

Not sure if it's good or bad that Gwin is only the 3rd fastest American at 19th - beat in qualifying by both Shaw (3rd) and Norton (9th).

I'm expecting gwin to qualify (and probably place) behind shaw and dak these days, but all the way back at 19th is no good at all. Yeesh. Also surprised to see brosnan only at 9th as that has to be his lowest qualifying in years.

Dak is like permanently qualifying in 8th these days. Which is great obviously. We just need him to put together a good race run and maybe get a little lucky and he's within reach of a podium.

Shaw I'm starting to get excited about again. He's been in the hot seat this year and he's regularly qualifying in top 5-8. Last year I started wondering if all those top qualifying times from 2018 were an anomaly but it looks like he's back to being a top 5 (certainly top 10) guy in the world.

Ian F

I've stopped giving a shit about the actual racing, but I like watching the course previews (although I'll go back to Windham if it ever happens again). Gee is the complete rider, speed and style, and I like the bikes that they're building.
Gee has definitely gotten better at the course previews. Holding back just enough to talk during the run, but still faster than Claudio so closer to an actual race run. That said, he seems past his prime for whatever reason.

Minnaar is just a freak of nature. 4th in qualifying and turns 39 in a few weeks.

World Cup racing (and bike racing in general) is my #1 sport. I took tomorrow off work so I could watch the races (although I'll probably work anyway... because I'm stupid... and can't ride.)

Matt Walker had the #1 spot but Loris pipped him between the final split and the finish.

I could spend hours pouring over the results and thinking about where time was lost and what happened.

It's a shame so few women are running this event.

DanBrodeen

Killer course!

Ian F

Round 4. Took a minute to get interesting but in the end: What. A. Race. Most exciting finish since Snoeshoe I reckon.
Definitely. Such an incredible race. Hopefully, 2021 will be more "normal", although there's only 6 races.
  1. Maribor, Slovenia 24-25 April
  2. Leogang, Austria 05-06 June
  3. Fort William, UK 12-13 June
  4. Les Gets, France 03-04 July
  5. Lenzerheide, Switzerland 04-05 September
  6. Snowshoe, USA 18-19 September

Top Bottom