2.35” vs 2.6”

iv been running the magic mary front/ hans dampf rear for a couple years now on my trail bikes, damn good combo (2.4/2.35) and no problems. much better than the minions that so many on here like.
What's nore aggressive? NN or HD?

i would say the hd is more aggressive, (having ridden both) IME the hd definitely has more traction

the nn is also billed as a do it all tire iirc while the hans dampf is a trail/enduro tire.

i would say the hd is more aggressive, (having ridden both) IME the hd definitely has more traction

the nn is also billed as a do it all tire iirc while the hans dampf is a trail/enduro tire.
@qclabrat said the same but it seems there is widely varied opinions on this.

One thing is certain... HD seems to have the thicker sidewalls. It keeps its shape w/o any air where the NN goes flat.

Hans dampf supposedly means jack of all trades in German

Maybe it’s 2.6 with body weight?
Could be this. WT tires are optimized for 30mm internal rims.

I have limited experience with 2.6 v 2.4 simply because ive only had one set of tires to compare. In that limited experience, i noticed the volume doesnt make up for increase in surface that needs tread. In my case, side treads. Take a quick look at these photos of the same tire 2.6 vz 2.4

This could be a matter of wrong tire up front, idk?

70872356-5E7C-4CA6-8D2F-A0CE9546488C.jpeg
79BC5D49-6BC0-4B13-A181-D12DE6D9240D.jpeg
2DFAFC34-1B68-4E7D-B3AB-0B6FDBA3BDC9.jpeg

that looks like a hans dampf, i did NOT like it on the front, great tire on the rear, but not so much on the front (IMO)

that looks like a hans dampf, i did NOT like it on the front, great tire on the rear, but not so much on the front (IMO)

Good call man... Lol

So I actually had the Hans on the rear, liked it and put a fatter one on the front. When i take turns at speed it was unpredictable until I adjusted and even then. I really have to focus and slow down sometimes to keep it tracking.

What didn’t you like about the front?

i felt like it lacked bite into the corners. (fine on the rear, but then the tires grab differently in the corners front to rear)

Hows the braking?
The braking is good. Handles everything in NJ fine, including creek. I rode actual steep stuff up in VT with no problems. High speed flow this combo also rocks. My only gripe with the Dissector is it wears faster than the Aggressor I used to run. The Assegai is my new favorite front tire. It’s like a Minion with extra blocks. If all I did was shuttle, I would run it in the rear also.

The braking is good. Handles everything in NJ fine, including creek. I rode actual steep stuff up in VT with no problems. High speed flow this combo also rocks. My only gripe with the Dissector is it wears faster than the Aggressor I used to run. The Assegai is my new favorite front tire. It’s like a Minion with extra blocks. If all I did was shuttle, I would run it in the rear also.

We know the rear wears quicker. That said, i am going to take a deeper look into compounds, im thinking i dont want high thread count in the back but keep it up front. Something like 60tpi in the back because i ride my bike on the roads a lot get to woods.

Lower pressures? Anyone? Does it wear a tire out quicker?

We know the rear wears quicker. That said, i am going to take a deeper look into compounds, im thinking i dont want high thread count in the back but keep it up front. Something like 60tpi in the back because i ride my bike on the roads a lot get to woods.

Lower pressures? Anyone? Does it wear a tire out quicker?
I always go for the softest compound offered, and higher thread count gets even better the lower your PSI (assuming you want tire flex conforming to terrain).

My ideal trail PSI feels too low for my typical 6-mile on-road round trip from home to trailhead. It is a pain to drop PSI then pump back up for the trip home, but it's either that or grind tires on the road or be too firm on the trail.

Back
Top Bottom