1st Annual Mooch/Beer Fest Ride.

cem

duh

8 am is correct.
jdog, if i didn't talk to you, i'd be at the other side of the mooch an hour later. this week has made me dumber. look for some directions in a bit

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Thanks!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great tour.

I was super stoked to do it all on the singlespeed. I did my fair share of walking but it was a very rewarding ride for me.

I will be back up again.

Even the part where 3 of us got lost was fun.

Great group.

Peas!

J

S

Stan LeCupp

Good ride Guys! I have us doing almost 21 miles of fun stuff.Great job on the single speeds Cem and Jason.A little slick but everyone handled it fine.Hope to do it again soon.Good beers at beer fest.Some good Brisket too!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

heythorp

Stan LeCupp said:
Good ride Guys! I have us doing almost 21 miles of fun stuff.Great job on the single speeds Cem and Chris.A little slick but everyone handled it fine.Hope to do it again soon.Good beers at beer fest.Some good Brisket too!;)

HOLY shnikies. 21 miles on a SS at allamuchy. thats just nuts. Let alone then go drink beer afterwards. you fellas are loco.:eek:

ytc100

Stan LeCupp said:
Good ride Guys! I have us doing almost 21 miles of fun stuff.Great job on the single speeds Cem and Chris.A little slick but everyone handled it fine.Hope to do it again soon.Good beers at beer fest.Some good Brisket too!:)

Nice route today Alex. The brisket did kick butt.

You guys are great riders and even though I whimpered throught the last 5 miles it was excellent.

Edit to Alex's post - CEM and Jason on the SS, Chris number 2 with the sick moves on the Rush.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Not as bad as I thought..

heythorp said:
HOLY shnikies. 21 miles on a SS at allamuchy. thats just nuts. Let alone then go drink beer afterwards. you fellas are loco.:eek:

I wasn't really that bad.. I kept asking if anyone had a 19t cog in their pocket. No one did.

Really it was more a challenge of riding a hardtail and less of a gear issue. Coming off the Rush you find yourself getting lazy with line choices.

At least I have tubeless 2.3 tires so I can get away with 28lbs and no flats.

I must say that I was very impressed with my new Ergon Grips/Magnesium Bar ends. Super helpful on the ss.

I was also glad that I chose to wear the FOX gloves with the built in wrist-wraps. These were especially helpfull while tailing 2 guys on full suspension bikes.

I think I might try one gear easier next time. It would be nice to spin up some climbs. I barely pedal going dh anyway..

Things should get interesting soon as the leaves should start to fall any minute.

Thanks

J_

Shaggz

A strong 7
I get it - there is another Jason. I am almost fell out of my chair when i read jason did 21 miles on SS!

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
I get it - there is another Jason. I am almost fell out of my chair when i read jason did 21 miles on SS!

Yeah me too!!!! LMFAO

cem

had blast today! thought i was completely useless for the rest of the day and i'm sure tomorrow. I'm ready to go back

ytc100 and Stan LeCupp sorry i had to skip out on the beer fest.
and I love beer too!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
jdog said:
Things should get interesting soon as the leaves should start to fall any minute.

Hear that. Not looking forward to leaves and rain. I'm starting to believe that All-A-Muchy will be harder than I thought.

Top Bottom